Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I wanna transfer my PDF to iPad

I wanna transfer my PDF to iPad
soramo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2010, 05:48 AM

Recently I have bought iPad and wanna use it to view my ebooks. The question is that most of my ebooks are .pdf format stored in my PC. I have connect my PC and iPad using USB and transfer them to my iPad but only find that I can hardly read them, I don’t know why and how can I do to read them on my iPad? I use Win 7 and iBook.

asxless
Mac Elite
May 25, 2010, 07:15 AM

Goodreader! It is a 99 cent program for reading large pdfs etc. But it also includes the ability to transfer files from a computer to and iPhone/iPad. Essentially it turns your iPhone/iPad into a shared drive via WiFi.

asxless in iLand

-Q-
May 25, 2010, 07:54 AM

Second the recommendation for Good Reader. Great application.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2010, 09:44 AM

You can do the fancy USB transfer thing (I haven't bothered to figure it out yet), but once you install good reader, you can email the pdf to yourself. Open it from the email, and you get an option to either open or save in good reader (can't remember what the button says). That effectively saves it into the app.

phobos
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2010, 06:30 AM

Yep good reader is great. Not only for pdf reading but file handling as well. I was using air sharing but good reader is so much better. ( and not that expensive...)

Forum Links
Forum Rules