Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhoto on iPad

iPhoto on iPad
blshaw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2010, 11:53 AM

I searched this forum and could not locate any other post about this topic; I apologize if, indeed, this is redundant.

One of the appeals of an iPad to me is the ability to have it along on a trip as my only computing device. Until now, I've always taken my MacBook Pro so that I could do the few things that I want or need to do while traveling: check and send email, surf the web and edit and post travel photos on the web. The iPad clearly can do the first two things. I know that I can get photos off my camera and into the iPad, but without iPhoto I can't edit them or post them on the web. Has anyone heard any speculation about whether iPhoto might appear some day in an iPad version?

-Q-
Mar 12, 2010, 12:25 PM

I've not heard anything about iPhoto specifically, but there are some photo editors for the iPhone so I'd think the same will hold true for the iPad.

Salty
Professional Poster
Mar 12, 2010, 05:32 PM

How are you sharing them on the web? There are flickr uploaders and Photoshop.com apps and what not. Honestly there's a lot of capability already on the iPhone

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2010, 05:44 PM

I work with pro photographers and the iPad has generated a lot of interest among them. The App Store already has a remote control for DSLRs, with live view even, and BBPbags is introducing an iPad+DSLR bag this summer, so nice field setups are emerging

I'm hoping for an iPad version of PhotoForge, which is a really nice editing app, with pro features such as Curves in CIELab mode etc.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 28, 2010, 03:53 PM

Since I use Aperture, I just want an app for iPad that lets me look at my Nikon D90 RAW photos after a shoot and zoom in and pan around to make sure its all good before I pack up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules