Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12"PB - What Display Color?

12"PB - What Display Color?
KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2003, 02:45 PM

The color on my new Rev. B PB seemed a little washed out when it arrived. The Display color was set for 'Color LCD,' but changing it to either Generic RGB or sRGB seems to give it much more true color.

So, there isn't necessarily anything wrong with the display, right? I mean I just need to pick the setting that works best for me?

anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2003, 02:50 PM

Every laptop I've owned has seemed washed out before making my own color profile. I think yours will be fine.

KeyLimePi  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2003, 05:38 PM

Thanks. Was just sort of wondering where others keep their color set.

C-Bear
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2003, 03:33 AM

I'm kind of stunned at how badly color-calibrated Apple allows their LCDs to ship as � most of the ones I've seen on the stock setting are really washed out and, well, dead looking.

Here's what you need to do: Open System Preferences and click Display; from there, click the Color option; checkmark Expert Mode and commence the detailed, set-by-step process of properly color-calibrating your screen.

Take your time with this, really put the effort into "matching those apples" (you'll see what I mean) and I think you'll be quite pleased with how much better your screen will look.

This'll become your Calibrated Profile, and you can click back and forth between it and the stock LCD Color profile to see the difference. In my experience it's significant.
When the wine is bitter, become the
wine

IronPen
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2003, 05:31 PM

Yeah, at first I liked the Color LCD profile, but then I realized how brushed metal was 'brushed bronze' and it looked really weird. I'm using the Generic RGB profile on my 12" PB. On the studio display, the generic studio display profile is great though.
MacBook C2D 2.0GHz/Combo/2GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules