Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Bluetooth combined on new Airport cards??

Bluetooth combined on new Airport cards??
k2director
Senior User
Nov 6, 2002, 09:31 PM

I'm incredibly tempted by this new Ti/Superdrive combo, but was a bit bummed to see no Bluetooth built in (constantly plugging in a BT dongle isn't convenient). So I'm wondering:

Is it likely that Apple might be working on next-gen Airport cards that also support BT? I recall reading some comment online saying the two wireless signals conflict, or couldn't come from the same card, but it doesn't sound like a huge tech hurdle.

Combining a faster Airport signal and BT on a single Airport card, that anyone could buy, would be an easy way to spread some key new tech to a lot of users. It'd certainly make it easier for me to buy this new Ti, so does it at least sound technically feasible?

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2002, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by k2director:
I'm incredibly tempted by this new Ti/Superdrive combo, but was a bit bummed to see no Bluetooth built in (constantly plugging in a BT dongle isn't convenient). So I'm wondering:

Is it likely that Apple might be working on next-gen Airport cards that also support BT? I recall reading some comment online saying the two wireless signals conflict, or couldn't come from the same card, but it doesn't sound like a huge tech hurdle.

Combining a faster Airport signal and BT on a single Airport card, that anyone could buy, would be an easy way to spread some key new tech to a lot of users. It'd certainly make it easier for me to buy this new Ti, so does it at least sound technically feasible?
Sounds good to me...hopefully to Apple as well!

asmujica
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2002, 10:31 PM

I thought of this too.......

Chris Grande
Senior User
Nov 7, 2002, 01:21 AM

It would also allow for people with older models to get a intergrated BT solution. Seems like having that little BT dongle hanging off the back of a PowerBook bothers people.

Forum Links
Forum Rules