Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Major screen glitches on PowerBook 1Ghz SuperDrive

Major screen glitches on PowerBook 1Ghz SuperDrive
unixinit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2003, 11:25 AM

I've been experiencing major screen glitches on my gigahertz PowerBook ... in the past, mostly related to using the dual display feature of the laptop (either with S-Video or the DVI output). For example, playing a DivX movie on S-Video out, and working on the LCD at the same time, will cause these glitches. Another easy way to reproduce is by plugging in an external monitor to the DVI out and running one of the zoom-and-pan screensavers like Photo, Cosmos, Beach... on both monitors.

Now after experiencing glitches in these situations, its been 'spreading'. Just today with no external monitor hooked up my internal LCD is starting to develop these glitches just while web browsing.

What do these glitches look like, you ask? If you can imagine a VCR tape with bad tracking... here's some pictures I snapped the other night:

Screen Glitches

Has anyone else seen this issue????

Thanks

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2003, 11:32 AM

ouch... that doesn�t look nice. you�d probably better bring it back to apple as long as you�re under warranty...
"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

Rinpoche
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2003, 11:49 AM

YES. I experienced the same strange graphic glitches 2 days ago. i'm hoping it has to do with safari and nothing with the os. I too was minding my own business surfing the web when the graphics started tweaking out on me. I quit safari but noticed that the glitches spread to my os! i was freaking out because i though something real bad was going on but when i restarted it went away. it did happen one other time after that and restarting fixed it. as of now it has only happened twice, but WHY it happened i have no clue.

so youre not the only one

Forum Links
Forum Rules