Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > More reasons I hate fat people

More reasons I hate fat people (Page 2)
philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 30, 2003, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by deekay1:
the distinguished "gentleman" who started this topic
he's a Grade A wanker, and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone on these boards who thinks different. Zim & SWG probably have more fans each than he does, and that's saying something. personally, i think he should just go and find somewhere else to post his pathetic nonsense.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

deekay1
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2003, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
he's a Grade A wanker...
"" <-

btw, agreed.

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

iWrite
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 10:53 AM

DING! DING! DING! And Philzilla gets the "Post of the Day" award for his oh-so-truthful observation!

Seriously, Phil is right about that.

How the heck are you, Philzilla, anyway?

starman
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2003, 11:09 AM

The mods must be sleeping.

+1.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 30, 2003, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by deekay1:
"" <-
yeah, i saw those. i just wanted to clarify the situation at the top of page 2

Cipher13
Nov 30, 2003, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by Dubya's Dealer:
All I know is that people in the rest of the world equate America as a nation of fat people.
Uh, how about no.

deekay1
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2003, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:

Do we, as a society, need to start encouraging people to live healthier lifestyles? You bet your shallow @ss. Insurance rebates, tax incentives, you name it. Spewing forth the hate that you do is not the way to do it, though, and is actually counter productive to the goal. Perhaps you figure that hating yourself was enough to keep yourself skinny, why won't it work for others? Well, Shallow Boy, different people respond to stimulus in different ways. Some people have eating disorders that stem from depression. And guess what calling them worthless wastes of flesh does? Yep, drives them deeper in to depression, and thus also to seek comfort in food. Then there are the people you just piss off, effectively shutting down dialog. So, even if you're too thick to realize how wrong it is to call someone worthless, you should realize that doing so is counter-productive.
excellent!

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Nov 30, 2003, 11:46 AM

he's a Grade A wanker, and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone on these boards who thinks different. Zim & SWG probably have more fans each than he does, and that's saying something. personally, i think he should just go and find somewhere else to post his pathetic nonsense.
Yet another Philzilla I am better then everyone and am obsessed with SWG and Zim post. P.I.A.B.T.E.A.A.O.W.SWG.A.Z.P

"Hello, what have we here?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2003, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Yeah, yeah, I am shallow but assholes cost the nation a fortune in subsidized care and treatment. Everyone bitches about smokers and what not but those people cost us a fraction of what assholes do. Not to mention assholes kill more people.
True.

I don't mind fat people as long as they don't block a fire escape.

It's short people I hate.

Short people with umbrellas.

Short people with umbrellas with pointy bits.

But I live somewhere warm now.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
It's short people I hate.

Short people with umbrellas.

Short people with umbrellas with pointy bits.
Yo, I think we should start a club

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2003, 02:06 PM

Hate is just such a strong word. What we actually need is more love.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 30, 2003, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by wdlove:
agreed. i don't hate much, but i dislike a lot of things.

TampaDeveloper
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 30, 2003, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
If a Bible goes thump in the woods, with nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Why do you feel the need to harass people?

deekay1
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2003, 03:41 PM

What we actually need is more love.

fo' shizzl!

wang_himself
Senior User
Nov 30, 2003, 05:47 PM

How about carnies and thier small hands?

quandarry
Nov 30, 2003, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Uh, how about no.
uh, how about yes....

Hannah W
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2003, 06:53 PM

I don't know who Zim and SWG are, but Captain Obvious does seem a bit obnoxious.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Hannah W:
I don't know who Zim and SWG are...
Consider yourself lucky.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2003, 06:57 PM

Don't be a hater.

Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 09:11 PM

Yeah I come on here for the approval of a drunk

I also didn't expect to see many people agree with me. I mean with almost two-thirds of the nation being overweight the odds are that the majority of people will take offense to the topic simply because the are in need of losing some poundage themselves.
But hey, I have still seen no arguments dispelling the correlation between increases in heart disease, diabetes, joint problems, high cholesterol, etc., with people eating like crap and being over weight. Do you think those problems aren't going to cost someone other than the sufferer something down the line? Lost work time, productivity, company/government subsidized health insurance aren't going to be helped by increasing problems that are preventable.
So knock yourselves out with the personal attacks. They apparently make you all feel better. Maybe you'll even succeed in getting the thread locked.
But in the end I am still right.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Yeah I come on here for the approval of a drunk

I also didn't expect to see many people agree with me. I mean with almost two-thirds of the nation being overweight the odds are that the majority of people will take offense to the topic simply because the are in need of losing some poundage themselves.
But hey, I have still seen no arguments dispelling the correlation between increases in heart disease, diabetes, joint problems, high cholesterol, etc., with people eating like crap and being over weight. Do you think those problems aren't going to cost someone other than the sufferer something down the line? Lost work time, productivity, company/government subsidized health insurance aren't going to be helped by increasing problems that are preventable.
So knock yourselves out with the personal attacks. They apparently make you all feel better. Maybe you'll even succeed in getting the thread locked.
In the end you are still a moron. All the stuff about obesity leading to increased spending on healthcare are valid, and on top of that, widely known. The issue people have with your post is that you couldn't help but act a bigot while you were expressing legitimate concerns. The frothing stupidity that you smeared over your nuggets of thesis overpowered your argument, and it lost its effectiveness.

If you're so concerned with preventable problems, lets see you start drumming up support for universal healthcare, clean fuels, environmental protection, sex educaion, distribution of condoms, de-corporatization of government agencies (e.g. the FDA and the USDA which are owned by the agricultural and pharmecutical lobbies), unions, de-centralization of the news media, diversification of party politics (ending the republicartic duopoly in this country), etc.

wang_himself
Senior User
Nov 30, 2003, 10:57 PM

In the end you are still a moron. All the stuff about obesity leading to increased spending on healthcare are valid, and on top of that, widely known. The issue people have with your post is that you couldn't help but act a bigot while you were expressing legitimate concerns. The frothing stupidity that you smeared over your nuggets of thesis overpowered your argument, and it lost its effectiveness.

If you're so concerned with preventable problems, lets see you start drumming up support for universal healthcare, clean fuels, environmental protection, sex educaion, distribution of condoms, de-corporatization of government agencies (e.g. the FDA and the USDA which are owned by the agricultural and pharmecutical lobbies), unions, de-centralization of the news media, diversification of party politics (ending the republicartic duopoly in this country), etc.
Well put. Very well put. I have an idea clean fuels. Put people who actually want to lose weight and become healthier in those gerbil wheels. As they run the fat off the wheel turns a turbine generating electricity. This can stop the California rolling black outs.
/hi

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 11:04 PM

Looks like Ax's got you pegged but good. Great post Ax!

Or, to sum it up differently, a pile of $hit with a cherry on top is still a pile of $hit.

Wang: LOL!

BG

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 30, 2003, 11:42 PM

If a Bible goes thump in the woods, with nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Remember a few weeks ago, we had this great big blow up here over religious topics, and we very publicly announced that if you post pro or anti religion flame-bait, you get one warning and then get banned from the lounge? This is your one warning.

We DO NOT want all that crap coming back to the boards. It's been pretty nice here without it.
Nemo me impune lacesset

The Ginger Rat
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2003, 01:08 AM

(e.g. the FDA and the USDA which are owned by the agricultural and pharmecutical lobbies)
/OT:
Otherwise good post, but disagree with your assessment of the FDA- definitely not owned by the pharma lobbies. Sure they want and work to help the companies pass drugs etc., but their ultimate mandate is public safety. It is not easy to get a drug approved, and in fact they have been most criticized for not approving them fast enough, with the criticism coming from potential patients not the drug companies.

Having said this, I would like to see FDA crack down on neutraceuticals, but they simply don't have the funding.

-lab rat in small pharma who has worked on submissions to FDA

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 01:51 AM

Add a living minimum wage to my list.

wang_himself
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 03:56 AM

What do you mean by that? Like a minimum wage that pays more than indentured servant?
/hi

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 2, 2003, 04:10 AM

Just FYI, not all peopel are fat by choice.

Those people, however, are completely f*cked up. You don't become 800 pounds because of a "disease." They're 800 pounds because they never learned how to stop eating.

Unless you can consider ignorance a disease.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

iWrite
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2003, 09:03 AM

I don't know who Zim and SWG are, but Captain Obvious does seem a bit obnoxious.
That's why he is heretofore known as...

CAPTAIN OBNOXIOUS!

Captain Obnoxious should sign up for forum etiquette lessons from WDLove.

Link
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2003, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obnoxious:
Yeah I come on here because I'm bored and have nothing to do

I also didn't expect to see many people agree with me. I mean with almost two-thirds of the nation being the odds are that the majority of people will take offense to the simply because the are in need of losing some themselves.
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah .. blah blah blah blah .. :shrug: Blah! Blah--- bedy blah blah, and

So knock yourselves out with the personal . They apparently make you all feel . Maybe you'll even succeed in getting the thread .

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2003, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by iWrite:
That's why he is heretofore known as...

CAPTAIN OBNOXIOUS!

Captain Obnoxious should sign up for forum etiquette lessons from WDLove.

I think "Captain Oblivious" would be better.

iWrite
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2003, 11:47 AM

Two great posts in a row!

+1
+1

And, oh yeah,

+1 (for me).

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 11:55 AM

For the record, I would probably be considered "fat" by the Captain.

However, I would also bet that I can out-lift, out-run, out-throw, out-hike and out-ski the guy.

I was once an athete in high school, at my best shape ever, I had under 10% body fat and I still weighed 220. "The guidelines" say I should be at about 180 at my height, so even then, I was "obese."

I'll admit that currently, I'm way bigger than I want to be. Beer belly and all. But I don't cost the taxpayers anything extra - and I workout every day.

And I DO have a gladular problem. It's not an excuse to be fat, however. It's just my thyroid is a bit slow. Nothing a thyroid supplement can't fix.

By this time next year, Captain Obvious, I'll be a lean, mean, baseball playing, skiing, hiking machine. You may be thin (I would guess), but so is your argument.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 2, 2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
Yet another Philzilla I am better then everyone and am obsessed with SWG and Zim post. P.I.A.B.T.E.A.A.O.W.SWG.A.Z.P
I really don't mind Phil. I actually like the guy. I could see me sitting next to him having a beer shooting the crap. I think he has ill feelings toward me though.

Probably wouldn't if he ever met me.

You two need to kiss and make up.

Or all three of us can go out back and make out.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 2, 2003, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
Consider yourself lucky.
Oh come on baby cakes..

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 12:27 PM

I think "Captain Oblivious" would be better.
heh.. I addressed him as such in a response one time, but is was by accident. I didn't even realize I had typed "oblivious" until I re-read my post later.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 12:45 PM

Would Cap't Oblivious be as outraged to learn that his own government wastes FAR more money than any obese folk ever could?
Does he care that his government will spend 250 bucks on a 50 dollar DIMM? Will pay triple going rate to have a runway paved at an AF Base? Throw away $75k DAT silo still under warranty (and this is just the sh*t I witnessed this week and it is only tuesday and only in my own little teeny corner of the FG? Or is that just either a) not incendiary enough or b) part of his "Bush Can do No Wrong it is the LIBERALS who waste waste waste your cash" philosophy.

Capt Obv. Waste of O2. Give it back and don't take any more.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 12:54 PM

Well said, maxelson...

Waste sucks. The fact that you witnessed that much waste in two days is enough to make someone like me ill.

Government is a Monopoly.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
Would Cap't Oblivious be as outraged to learn that his own government wastes FAR more money than any obese folk ever could?
Does he care that his government will spend 250 bucks on a 50 dollar DIMM? Will pay triple going rate to have a runway paved at an AF Base? Throw away $75k DAT silo still under warranty (and this is just the sh*t I witnessed this week and it is only tuesday and only in my own little teeny corner of the FG? Or is that just either a) not incendiary enough or b) part of his "Bush Can do No Wrong it is the LIBERALS who waste waste waste your cash" philosophy.

Capt Obv. Waste of O2. Give it back and don't take any more.
Didn't you mention once that hardware at your place of employment, such as laptops, get destroyed once they've served their purpose?

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 01:02 PM

Dave, I couldn't even BEGIN to tell you. And I feel helpless. It is SO deeply ingrained in the mentality of the Gov't Workers... "what the hell- it's not like it is MY money". I come to work and every day I think, "the machine is broken and it lives to feed itself and we let it".
Disgust comes close, but there isn't really a word for what I feel about it.

Obesity a drain on public funds? BS. Why don't we start with the BIGGEST leech in the pond.

"But what is government but the greatest of all reflections on human nature?" -Hamilton.

Yep. The problem is DEFINITELY fat people.
Let's burn them. Huh, Obv?

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2003, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
Didn't you mention once that hardware at your place of employment, such as laptops, get destroyed once they've served their purpose?
Most of them, yes. Although, "served their purpose" would be a bit generous as reasons go.
"The new model came out" would be more like it.

wang_himself
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 03:50 PM

Why hasn't Captain dip, I mean, Obivious responded to anything in this thread recently.

Also the above posts are great!
/hi

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Dec 2, 2003, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:

You two need to kiss and make up.

Or all three of us can go out back and make out.
We all know how you like to play with the idea of homosexuality, well you and superchicken. Calling yourself "religious" is a great excuse not to have sex with women

"Hello, what have we here?

wang_himself
Senior User
Dec 2, 2003, 04:00 PM

Just like the Catholic priests. Oh wait bad example.
/hi

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Dec 2, 2003, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by wang_himself:
Just like the Catholic priests. Oh wait bad example.
he said "with women"

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 2, 2003, 05:11 PM

Oh, see, now you guys just went from a lot of name calling, to bring religion and homosexuality into the mix. A thread may well be able to survive one of these topics, but I doubt it could get through all three unscathed. There were a lot of good points in this thread, which might well be used to start other threads. I think this one has run its course.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules