Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari 3 is possessed, and needs an exorcism!

Safari 3 is possessed, and needs an exorcism!
k2director
Senior User
Jun 13, 2007, 09:16 PM

This is really weird. Every since Apple "upgraded" me to the Safari 3 beta, my browser will occasionally switch me to a website that I've never seen or been to before.

I don't do anything to trigger this, as far as I can tell. I'll be reading a website (like this one), and suddenly, I'm looking at a new page. It just happened to me a minute ago, and brought me to a page for napkin folding services. Yesterday, it was some other web page.

I have "Block Pop-up windows" on, and besides, these sites are not in pop-up windows, they're in the main browser window. ***Also, the sites don't show up in my History log.***

Anyone also experiencing this, or know what's going on???

Curiosity
Senior User
Jun 14, 2007, 01:46 AM

What do you mean, Apple upgraded you to Safari 3 beta? I saw no updates available when I checked Software Update.

k2director  (op)
Senior User
Jun 14, 2007, 02:14 AM

I mean that I downloaded the "beta" for Safari 3, and it automatically replaced my earlier version of the app, which was a little presumptuous on Apple's part.

Anyway, has no one else encountered this phenomenon? Also, I should mention that I do not have Private Browsing enabled, so it's strange to me that these web sites I'm redirected to would not show up in my History log...

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2007, 02:17 AM

Um, uninstall it?

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jun 14, 2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by k2director View Post
I don't do anything to trigger this, as far as I can tell. I'll be reading a website (like this one), and suddenly, I'm looking at a new page. It just happened to me a minute ago, and brought me to a page for napkin folding services. Yesterday, it was some other web page.
Funny, I was just browsing a napkin folding page a minute ago and got redirected here

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules