Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Cleaning your PB screens?

Cleaning your PB screens?
BlueCat
Nov 9, 2003, 09:54 PM

How do you clean your PB screens? I've learnt from the past to NOT use those monitor cleaning wipes ... they leave annoying streaks.
15" Aluminium Powerbook 1.25GHz G4
Panther 10.3
"My first Mac, but definitely not my last!"

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2003, 11:37 PM

This stuff is awesome - you can buy in any number of combinations, but I prefer the packets of individuals wipes - one to clean, one to dry. They work very well and are recommended by Apple.

http://www.klearscreen.com/

:->

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 01:14 AM

I use kodak lens cleaning cloths, 1 cloth wet with plain water to clean the screen and then another cloth to dry it, works for me. I don't think you need special cleaner unless theres tons of grease on the screen.

And for petes sake don't use windex.

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 10, 2003, 09:30 AM

You may want to considered distelled water - or at the very least, bottled water. Some city water supplies may have higher concentrations of chemicals that could leave a residue on the screen with extended use. I've seen a thread cautioning against tap water on a board (here? not sure), so perhaps something to think about.

Any RKIs willing to chime in here?

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 04:10 PM

Just use water and a lint free cloth...dont waste your money on that any screen cleaning solution...water takes a few min more time to clean the tougher spots and keyboard marks but it works just as well. That stuff has alot of water in it anyway.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

lr1000t
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2003, 07:46 PM

www.klearscreen.com

I bought the package with the sprayer and the individual cloths. I like the sprayer better than the pre-moistened cloths. I also use it for my desktop monitor, my other laptop, etc. It works very well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules