Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Solution, sizzling sound disappeared on 17"!!!

Solution, sizzling sound disappeared on 17"!!!
jgcan
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2004, 08:55 PM

Hi, I was, with others, a bit annoyed by the sizzling sound my 17" 1.33 PB was doing when CPU on highest. But you won't believe it it completely disappeared!

Yes, I just bought the Apple bluetooth mouse and it is after I updated the bluetooth firmware that silence came.

Any other person experienced that?

Or am I just late and there was already a solution (beside running on automatic, being unplugged, turning off the nap in CHUD, which are not real solutions)?

naderby
Jan 23, 2004, 06:12 AM

Just running the Highest CPU performance setting causes the 'bubbling' as I call it. So just put it on Auto or live with it.

Maybe the mouse firmware changed that setting somehow?

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2004, 06:45 AM

Originally posted by naderby:
Just running the Highest CPU performance setting causes the 'bubbling' as I call it. So just put it on Auto or live with it.

Maybe the mouse firmware changed that setting somehow?
You did not understand I guess, I HAVE NO MORE PROBLEM since the firmware update (not the reverse). The bubbling as you call it IS GONE whatever the setting used.

I am happy with it so I wanted to share it with people looking for a solution to the sizzle.

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 23, 2004, 12:36 PM

I installed that firmware update quite awhile ago and I still get the sizzle when I'm do file transfers over the network. The biggest improvement I saw was when I installed Panther.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2004, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by parsec_kadets:
I installed that firmware update quite awhile ago and I still get the sizzle when I'm do file transfers over the network. The biggest improvement I saw was when I installed Panther.
Are you really talking about the "firmware" update and not the bluetooth "software" update (1.4.1)?

If you are really talking about the firmware, then I guess it doesn't have the same effect on all PB. Mine is 17" rev b 1.33 1gbRAM.

Forum Links
Forum Rules