Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > XLR8 InterView and OS X survey...

XLR8 InterView and OS X survey...
GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2001, 01:12 PM

I wrote XLR8 to see when the InterView's driver would be ready for OS X, this is therir response:
We are currently evaluating whether or not to provide InterView support for OS X. Please help us by answering the following:

1) InterView support for OS X will require new software. Would you be
willing to pay $79.95 for the use of InterView under OS X? If not, what would you be willing to pay for OS X support?

2) There are currently no native OS X applications for video editing that
support a USB solution like InterView. Which applications are you using in
the OS 8.x-9.x environment that you'd like to see functioning with InterView
under OS X?

3) Would you be interested in an analog to FireWire solution at a suggested retail price of around $179?

4) Do you use InterView for personal or business puposes?

5) How often do you use InterView?

Thanks,

XLR8 Sales Team
"Tools to perform and create . . . on your Mac!"
================================================== ==========
phone: (770)564-5682 fax: (770)564-5675
email: [email protected] website: http://www.xlr8.com
------------------------------------------------------------
As they state here, there is NO USB video solution for OS X yet, so iBook, iMac, and PC users without FireWire really have no option but for a USB device. If you feel the need, you can respond to this survey here, or by emailing XLR8 at [email protected]

str1
Oct 3, 2001, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by GORDYmac:
<STRONG>I wrote XLR8 to see when the InterView's driver would be ready for OS X, this is therir response:
</STRONG>
1) No, since for that price I could be well on my way to a firewire video capture "solution." And besides, $79 is about what I *paid* for the damned thing in the first place. So now I have to buy it twice??

3) Yup. A lot.

4) Personal.

5) I'm using is right now. Before I was in X all the time, I used it daily to watch TV, and a couple to three times a week (sometimes more) to turn VHS video into Quicktime movies.

Honestly, I'm surprised you got this kind of response. Everything I've gotten from them has been *very* short. I'll send my response here on to them, as well.

Cheers
Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules