Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Que! Fire CDRW: Has anyone ever put it in another case?

Que! Fire CDRW: Has anyone ever put it in another case?
GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2000, 02:24 PM

First, let me say that I have the QPS Que! Fire 4x4x24x CDRW and am happy with it's performance. Actually, it's great.

Now, my question. I recently purchased a Pyro 1394 Drive Kit for an external 30GB hard drive. I am struck by how nice the enclosure is, and I now want to put my CDRW in the same enclosure.

Has anyone ever done this? Terms like IDE and ATAPI are greek to me (no offense to Greeks ), so I don't know what issues I will encounter doing this.

I think my desktop will be more appealing with this setup, but if it is too difficult I will leave it alone. I would just buy another internal dirve and do it, but I couldn't get that cool ice face plate.

Any insight on this endeavor will be gratly appreciated, thanks.

[This message has been edited by GORDYmac (edited 09-20-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules