Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Let's send some good thoughts over to a former member

Let's send some good thoughts over to a former member (Page 4)
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2009, 03:30 PM

I'm not everyone, but I do represent the common man, only much greater.

Scan through this thread and many others like it and tally up your repetition though.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I'm not everyone, but I do represent the common man, only much greater.
Sorry, I have nothing to say, since you are already da shiznit.

Btw, the common man often doesn't understand what's going on. I'm glad that with you, that's even greater

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2009, 03:45 PM

The common man is apolitical, but there are people that are political and have legitimate points of view that differ from yours. These people are not delusional, they just see things different.

For the record, even though I'm clearly better than you, I don't think you are delusional either.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 8, 2009, 05:26 PM

Enough. The two of you bickering (and yo know who you are) is getting pretty old.
Nemo me impune lacesset

lexapro  (op)
Baninated
Nov 8, 2009, 07:35 PM

Yeah, please don't close this thread due to bickering. I hope we can try to figure out how to help a former and chronically ill member.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by lexapro View Post
Yeah, please don't close this thread due to bickering. I hope we can try to figure out how to help a former and chronically ill member.
Serious question: how are we going to figure out how to help bstone? I know this forum has provided an outlet for assistance before, is this what you're hoping for?
ebuddy

lexapro  (op)
Baninated
Nov 8, 2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Serious question: how are we going to figure out how to help bstone? I know this forum has provided an outlet for assistance before, is this what you're hoping for?
Not financial, certainly. More like figuring out what direction and assistance can/should be offered to him. And, moreover, sending him good thoughts and prayers.

He'll be back in the hospital tomorrow morning for an all day IV infusion of a corticosteroid that takes 6 hours. He's in a rough spot.

43skidoo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2009, 11:48 PM

Wow...that's incredible to read about someone who was close to a community like this. My wife has a chronic condition (not nearly as debilitating as this, but it keeps her from doing most things normal people take for granted) and we had to pay about $10k out of pocket for tests that didn't tell us anything about what condition she has.

My thoughts are with bstone, as I know personally what dealing with something like this is like, to some degree.

"Suppose he's got a pointed stick?"

lexapro  (op)
Baninated
Nov 9, 2009, 12:15 AM

I'll let him know, 43. I know he's been browsing here and reading some of the posts. He tells me he can't really wrap his mind around most of the political issues, but at least is thankful that he is receiving support.

He'd like to post here, but is still banned. So for now I'll just relay his thoughts.

lexapro  (op)
Baninated
Nov 9, 2009, 03:56 PM

Some words from bstone...

Dear MacNNers- First, let me say that I am genuinely touched at the outpouring of support you all have so freely offered me. It's very unique and special to know that there are so many of you who are concerned with how I am doing. I write this message as I sit in the Infusion Center of the Cambridge Hospital in Cambridge, MA. I have an IV in my left arm (makes it a bit hard to type) and it is currently infusing 0.5mg Cosyntropin in 1L Saline into my body. This is a corticosteriod and the hope is that it will cause my brain to produce more spinal fluid. The crux of my problem is a plumbing one, really. The tissue that holds in the spinal fluid around the brain and spine, called the dura mater, is falling apart in me. The dura is popping dozens of tiny little holes in which the spinal fluid is leaking out of. This is basically the same as internal bleeding. However internal bleeding has much better treatment as way more people have it. There has been very little research and very little novel treatment for my condition. Since April 2007 I have had four spine surgeries at Duke Univ Med Center in Durham, NC. While there vmarks came over and visited me as I was recovering at a friend's house. He was kind enough to fix my old MacBook. I have had no shortage of MRIs, CTs, EMGs, blood tests and dozens of other tests. While I do have insurance, the out of pocket expenses are very high. As well I have been unable to work. As I write this I am waiting for a call back from the Social Security Administration in regards to $8000 of money they admit they owe me.

I have little more to say that hasn't already been said. I wish I wasn't sick. It really does suck. I'd be so happy to be healthy and homeless. At least my body would not experience high levels of pain and dizziness.

Thank you all for the support. It means so much.

Sincerely,
bstone

lexapro  (op)
Baninated
Jan 13, 2010, 02:47 PM

bstone is having spine surgery tomorrow. His deductibles also reset, so he has to now front $2000. He makes $1400 a month from his SSDI.

Medicare starts March 1. He just got his card in the mail. Not soon enough.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2010, 06:26 PM

Well if my health wasn't bad enough, last night I was carjacked at gun point and my car was stolen. I am still shaking.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 22, 2010, 07:31 PM

Well that just totally sucks. Are you alright? Made a police report?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2010, 10:54 PM

Yeah my buddy in the house was calling 911 as I was telling the perp to take my car. Cops swarmed the area and found my car about 30 minutes later. The got the dog and sniffed it, who took off running and found my keys hidden under a dumpster about a block away. My car was towed to the police dept and they are dusting it for prints.

It's my sincere hope that this perp is already "in the system" and they match the prints.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2010, 11:06 PM

Where did this happen ?

-t

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2010, 11:06 PM

turtle, in New Haven, CT. On the well-lit drive way of my friends' house.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2010, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
turtle, in New Haven, CT. On the well-lit drive way of my friends' house.
Holy Crap. My brother lives about 7 miles away. That area of CT didn't strike me as unsafe.

-t

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2010, 11:11 PM

Well, I can assure you from my less than 24h old experience, it's unsafe.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2010, 12:40 PM

And here's another kicked. Tuesday of last week the head gasket on this car blew. I had to have a used engine installed to the tune of $2000.

I have about $500 to my name now.

Can anyone help?

Forum Links
Forum Rules