Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Treo Communicators, Lend me your ears...

Treo Communicators, Lend me your ears...
iDriveX
Mac Elite
May 7, 2002, 02:17 PM

Thinking about upgrading to the Treo Communicator, does it work with the new Palm Desktop for OS X? Thanks.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

Paco500
Professional Poster
May 7, 2002, 03:46 PM

I know this is not even remotely your question, but I wanted to put in a plug for the kyocera smartphone 6035. It's a bit taller than the treo, but the form factor is more comfortable in the hand (IMO). The battery life is awesome, and having real buttons to dial "blind" is a nice touch.

You can get them from Sprint for Less that $100 after rebate, and for $150 and take the phone to your own carrier (instuctions for doing this abound on the web, regardless of what Sprint says is possible).

The "thumboard" would be nice, but after finanally seing a demo of the treo, I went with the much cheaper and more compatible 6035. It's a damn fine product.

And it works no prob. w/ palm deskotp on X.

Paco

Forum Links
Forum Rules