Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Is MOO 3 Multiplayer PC vs. Mac possible?

Is MOO 3 Multiplayer PC vs. Mac possible?
Sosa
Senior User
Mar 4, 2003, 12:40 AM

My brother has a PC labtop and I'm using an iBook, trying to find out if we will be able to play against each other. No luck so far in my preliminary search at www.moo3.com and MacSoft's website. Does anyone here know the answer?
2011 iMac 2.7 i5, 16gb RAM, 1TB HD
Previous Macs: Apple IIc+, iMac 350 G3, iBook 700 G3, G4 Powerbooks 12" 1ghz & 15" 1.67ghz
Join Team MacNN.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2003, 09:37 AM

Great news! Taken directly from www.macgamer.com:

"The Mac gaming community will be able to join in with the PC gamers during the height of the excitement. Network games of Masters of Orion 3 are compatible between platforms, letting PC and Mac gamers play one another in any combination."

Entire article HERE
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

freakboy2
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2003, 05:06 PM

I've been playing Master of Orion 3 on my PC and I have to say, it's the worst game I've played in a long time.

It's a shame that it's getting ported instead of something else that is a better game.

I really tried to like it. I loved Master Of Orion 1 and 2, but this new one is really a giant POS. It's got the worst interface I've seen in a game since 1986. The AI does the stupidest things - like they don't get upset when you invade their planets!?!

I wanted to like it, i tried to like it, I gave it a good 24 hours of game time to try and like it. I learned how to play (which wasn't easy because of the horrible interface and feedback), but it's just not a good game.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Fb2

Forum Links
Forum Rules