Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Eminem SNL

Eminem SNL
mixin visuals
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 12:16 AM

who would have ever expected eminem to be on SNL tonight...

i like eminem, but you know its just another Bush bash waiting to happen.

his first song just sucked honestly though

what do you expect his last words at the end to be?

or think he will do nothing?
Technology, Computing & Creativity - www.clubmedia.com

Overflowing with Design Links - www.mixinvisuals.com

VW Sites.com - Links to the Volkswagen World - www.vwsites.com

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2004, 12:28 AM

Cool... I will watch it later..

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 02:28 AM

Watched most of SNL (my first time).. he didn't do anything.

SNL really blows... not even slightly funny...

SafariX
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 03:11 AM

Anyone Tivo it...or have a link to the performance?

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2004, 03:40 AM

Originally posted by TheBadgerHunter:
SNL really blows... not even slightly funny...
Yup. It's really sad to watch really, once upon a time it was great, but I only laughed once tonight.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2004, 03:46 AM

okay.. SNL is still airing here.. anyway... I only laughed once during that white suit dude skit...may be I wasn't concentrated on or those chicks were just annoyed me.

They should let go with the ashlee's case.

Weezer
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 12:35 PM

Originally posted by SafariX:
Anyone Tivo it...or have a link to the performance?
YGPM

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2004, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by Weezer:
YGPM
May I? before I hunt down a BitTorrent link.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 04:56 PM

He is an MTV whore that tries to act like he isn't.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 08:35 PM

Agreed. I hope he saved some of his money 'cause his career track is headed down the same path as Pink's, and she's about six months away from working the counter at Panera.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2004, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by KeyLimePi:
Agreed. I hope he saved some of his money 'cause his career track is headed down the same path as Pink's, and she's about six months away from working the counter at Panera.
people love that freak

i actually enjoy how he makes the press bristle

he's got staying power. in fact you can already argue he's been around for quite awhile.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2004, 01:24 AM

Pink? who brought that name out... she wasn't on the same level. I almost forgot this punk wannabe artist for long.

Frankly speaking, I did buy the last 2 Eminem's albums. I will grab a copy of Encore when it hit store.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2004, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:

he's got staying power. in fact you can already argue he's been around for quite awhile.
No longer than Brittany Spears, and she's already on her way out so he has maybe a year left.
He has talent but has too much WT in him to stay around much longer. He also whines like a chick. If he's lucky he'll be shot dead by puff daddy so he can be immortalized before he becomes irrelevant which even he seems to see coming. he just wants to pretend it will be on his terms.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=6665135

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 1, 2004, 02:34 AM

eminem had severe talent. has severe talent. threw it to the side to make big big money.

oh, and... SNL, when I was in HS ('94 ish) was friggin' spectacular. it currently, and for the past couple of years, sucks.)

I'm almost glad I work every frickin' Sat. night as a result.
ice

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2004, 11:43 AM

MJmorningshow.com has a WMV file of Eminem messing up the lipsincing.

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 1, 2004, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by IceEnclosure:
eminem had severe talent. has severe talent. threw it to the side to make big big money.

oh, and... SNL, when I was in HS ('94 ish) was friggin' spectacular. it currently, and for the past couple of years, sucks.)

I'm almost glad I work every frickin' Sat. night as a result.
The funny thing is, everyone thinks SNL was best when they was in HS.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2004, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by The Godfather:
MJmorningshow.com has a WMV file of Eminem messing up the lipsincing.
i just saw this:

HE IS TOTALLY LIP-SYNCHING

HOW COME THERE ISN'T A CNN STORY?

this is BS. only ashlee gets in trouble? eminem is immune? wtf?

iREZ
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2004, 04:19 PM

I'm an Em fan for the sheer fact that the guy is full of talent. Don't be ignorant if you don't know what the guy is up to. He produced two rap albums that were no. 1 on the Billboard Top 100 not to mention his soon to be out "Encore" album which is going to sell like hot cakes like it or not. He also has the no.1 Rap artist under his label (50 Cent), not to mention that he's the only rapper out there with an Oscar unders his belt. His stock is in no way declining and just because he puts his political views out in public doesn't mean he has to get slammed for it. He simply ends the song with vote, not vote for "candidate a or candidate b" so why judge his views. He has the same rights to put out a song bashing Bush as you do Bashing whoever/ or whatever on these forums. Listen to the guys music before deciding that he's an "MTV whore," Whaaaa Whaaaaa he makes videos and CD's to make money, no sh!t, would you work your ass off for no payoff in the end? By the way the only reason he "messed" up on SNL was because artists can't rap a whole song without running out of breath and therefore they rap on top of a vocal track running in the background to emphasize the ending words when they run out of breath, he's never claimed to have a great voice so I would see no reason for him to lipsynch on stage. I also agree that SNL has gone down the tubes, but Horatio Sanz is one funny mutha.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

hayesk
Nov 1, 2004, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by iREZ:
I'm an Em fan for the sheer fact that the guy is full of talent. Don't be ignorant if you don't know what the guy is up to. He produced two rap albums that were no. 1 on the Billboard Top 100 not to mention his soon to be out "Encore" album which is going to sell like hot cakes like it or not.
While I agree that he has every right to tell people to vote, I don't agree no.1 albums are any indication of talent. Well, maybe marketing talent. Alright, Eminem has lots of marketing talent.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2004, 05:09 PM

By the way the only reason he "messed" up on SNL was because artists can't rap a whole song without running out of breath and therefore they rap on top of a vocal track running in the background to emphasize the ending words when they run out of breath, he's never claimed to have a great voice so I would see no reason for him to lipsynch on stage.=
i have no problem with em

BUT from watching his own movie �

a MC is supposed to have enough skillz to rap without running out of breath. if he can freestyle like he did in winning all those contests, why can't he do it for his own song? (in which he can practice and rehearse for)

iREZ
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2004, 07:26 PM

I agree somewhat, but an emcee doesn't have to perform, he just has to stand there and rhyme. People don't wanna pay upwards of a 100 dollars to see some guy just stand on stage and rap without any movement at all. I'd like to see if there are any rappers out there that don't have a buddy on stage finishing thier lines or a playback in the background now a days.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2004, 07:37 PM

I'm not a fanboy of rap music.. but I found Eminem, Twista, and Jin very interesting..

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2004, 08:05 PM

I agree somewhat, but an emcee doesn't have to perform, he just has to stand there and rhyme. People don't wanna pay upwards of a 100 dollars to see some guy just stand on stage and rap without any movement at all. I'd like to see if there are any rappers out there that don't have a buddy on stage finishing thier lines or a playback in the background now a days.
fine but this instance of EMINEM being on SNL after what happened to ASHLEE, and doing MOSH (a political song) - i think he should have not used a backing vocal

mishap
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2004, 10:06 PM

ever think he may have did it because of the Ashlee thing?

..... get it?

seriously: you have to compare the artists & why they each did it. thaaat's why there is no CNN story. plus... there are more important things happening this week.

69camaro
Nov 1, 2004, 11:57 PM

I'm an Em fan for the sheer fact that the guy is full of talent. Don't be ignorant if you don't know what the guy is up to. He produced two rap albums that were no. 1 on the Billboard Top 100 not to mention his soon to be out "Encore" album which is going to sell like hot cakes like it or not. He also has the no.1 Rap artist under his label (50 Cent), not to mention that he's the only rapper out there with an Oscar unders his belt. His stock is in no way declining and just because he puts his political views out in public doesn't mean he has to get slammed for it. He simply ends the song with vote, not vote for "candidate a or candidate b" so why judge his views. He has the same rights to put out a song bashing Bush as you do Bashing whoever/ or whatever on these forums. Listen to the guys music before deciding that he's an "MTV whore," Whaaaa Whaaaaa he makes videos and CD's to make money, no sh!t, would you work your ass off for no payoff in the end? By the way the only reason he "messed" up on SNL was because artists can't rap a whole song without running out of breath and therefore they rap on top of a vocal track running in the background to emphasize the ending words when they run out of breath, he's never claimed to have a great voice so I would see no reason for him to lipsynch on stage. I also agree that SNL has gone down the tubes, but Horatio Sanz is one funny mutha.
Are you in his press squad? DMX had 2 albums in the billboard top 10 at the same time. Eminem has yet to do that, so does every other artist out there for that matter. Mr. Half dollar el sucketh. Eminem has a lot of talent as was evidenced by his first 2 albums but he has gone far far down hill since in terms of product. He has marketed successfully but strayed far away from what he started out as. A quality fun to listen to rapper who could never lose a battle. Granted he still could, just not with the stuff he is putting out on the radio. Just Lose It for example, not many songs annoy me more than this aside from 50 cent's generic crap.

blah blah, give me Eminems old style over this recent influx of crap any day.

Edit:
I'm not quoting you twice to attack you personally.
Since when is ANYONE worth paying 100 dollars to see for 3 hours max? I went and saw Eminem when he was on tour with Limp Bizkit, Exhibit and Papa Roach, and he was def not worth 100 dollars at that time to see. Also, the backup rapper homies, eliminate them.
( Last edited by 69camaro; Nov 2, 2004 at 12:03 AM. )

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2004, 07:57 AM

Originally posted by mishap:
ever think he may have did it because of the Ashlee thing?
that's not the way eminem works.

he calls her a Bitch and ensuates her having sex with a donkey. That's the eway eminem works.

sorry, the way he did it was not commentary and the song he did it on was not appropriate (as he is trying o make a statement wih "Mosh")

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2004, 04:37 PM

Emenim is in no position to bust on Ashlee Simpson for being a fraud.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2004, 01:26 PM

Just lose it, typical Eminem formula. First song released as single in all his album's has generally been the most annoying song on the album (My Name is, Real Slim Shady, Without Me). He releases these song's to grab people's attention good or bad, and his second single release ends up being a serious song. It's a formula that has made him millions three times I don't see him changing it for a fourth time. I also agree that 50 Cent isn't as hot as people make him out to be, I personally don't have his album nor do I listen to his songs just used him to make a point. DMX, now that is some marketing if I've ever seen it. Besides he wouldn't have had two albums on the top 100 if he took 2 years to release the 2nd album. Besides, Em had the 8 Mile Soundtrack and Eminem show Album at the top of the charts at the same time too. I'm not saying the guy is perfect, I don't like all the guys songs, but he is talented and I hate it when ignorant people lash out on him without knowing any facts.

PS I'll respect DMX as a rapper when I don't hear anything similar to "(add lame lyrics here) the dog's goin to fight you (add lame lyrics here) then the dog's goin to bite you" or "It's all good, (WHAT!! screaming in the background) it's allright" I'm not the only one who hears the same crap in all his song's.

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 3, 2004, 03:10 PM

WHAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAA!

mishap
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2004, 05:20 PM

The retail album is great.

Dr. Dre beats once again make this a hot album.

SafariX
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2004, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by mishap:
The retail album is great.

Dr. Dre beats once again make this a hot album.
Encore is hot, very very hot. Nice job em

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2004, 03:51 PM

He's a fraud? He was dirt poor and raised by a single mother, it doesn't seem entirely inappropriate he would be wearing a pink shirt. Maybe that's why he's so angry at his mom- she bought him clothes like that to wear as a kid.

As far as his talent, Em is a lyricist, not a performer. He writes lyrics, and as far as lyrics to he's one of the best ever (if not the best). I don't care to see him perform, because that's not what he does best.

And for the record, Just Lose it was produced by Dr. Dre- and I love that song.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

RiSE
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2004, 04:31 PM

Come on now, who didnt own a pink alf shirt!

I'm the strongest person in the village where all the leaves are.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2004, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by SafariX:
Encore is hot, very very hot. Nice job em
The skit on MJ is hella funny.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2004, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by RiSE:
Come on now, who didnt own a pink alf shirt!
i didnt...but a friend of mine had a hot pink teenage mutant ninja turtles shirt

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

RiSE
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2004, 04:57 PM

TMNT kicks alfs ass any day!

I'm the strongest person in the village where all the leaves are.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2004, 04:45 AM

Originally posted by Kenneth:
I'm not a fanboy of rap music.. but I found Eminem, Twista, and Jin very interesting..

Yeah .. eminem was synching .. neat... look at his facial expression. surprised he didnt memorize it .. shrug ... they should all wear headsets with huge Booms to cover their mouth. that way their hands wont get tired, and you wouldnt know for sure if he/she was synching =D ...

jin ... = Hilarious .. i heard him start to die out in one of his competitions, but came back with one hell of a hilarious line and won it anyways. the guy freestyles like crazy .. but i'm not crazy about his album ( freestyle is his strong point ... his regular songs dont amaze me like his freestyling)

anyone who is curious who jin is, go to alljin.com

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Forum Links
Forum Rules