Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 23-inch Cinema HD shipping information

23-inch Cinema HD shipping information
seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 23, 2002, 11:09 PM

I'm told by people at the Apple Store that this beautiful, new display is going to be shipping in two weeks. Has anybody received shipping confirmation yet?

seanyepez  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2002, 07:08 PM

Has anybody heard anything about this yet?

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2002, 08:08 PM

I don't think anyone cares.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 08:11 PM

I care. I made a trip/mecca up to CompUSA in Indy the other day to check one out, but they didn't have it. I was sad

I really wanna see one so I can dream about it at night...er, did i just say that
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

timster
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2002, 09:12 PM

I stopped by the Apple store at the Mall of America today, on the off chance that they might have gotten the ACD HD on display.

Lo behold, in all of its glory, it was THERE.

And I tell ya, its one damn fine display. Standing in front of it, and casting a leftward glance on the 22" display next to it on the other Mac, the old 22" looks just... old.

Now if I can just somehow justify a $3500 charge on my Visa....

seanyepez  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by timster:
<STRONG>I stopped by the Apple store at the Mall of America today, on the off chance that they might have gotten the ACD HD on display.

And I tell ya, its one damn fine display. Standing in front of it, and casting a leftward glance on the 22" display next to it on the other Mac, the old 22" looks just... old.

Now if I can just somehow justify a $3500 charge on my Visa....</STRONG>
Oh my. Thanks!

Were they on sale? Employees at the Apple Stores said to me they were going to get a demonstration unit soon but couldn't sell any for another few weeks.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2002, 12:42 AM

Originally posted by timster:
<STRONG>I stopped by the Apple store at the Mall of America today, on the off chance that they might have gotten the ACD HD on display.

Now if I can just somehow justify a $3500 charge on my Visa....</STRONG>
Man you just keep making me feel worse and worse with the great new 1" bigger display
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

nana2
Senior User
Apr 28, 2002, 06:35 AM

The resolution increase is the big difference, the 1" extra is just a bonus.

opallaser
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2002, 10:23 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in brightness ? Can anyone describe any differences they can see apart from the obvious size and pixels ?

Thanks.
all screens are superwide

timster
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2002, 02:21 PM

I didn't ask if they were on sale. I did see a sign next to the display with the specifications and a price tag of $3599.

As for brightness. I didn't think about comparing it to the 22", but it sure looked bright enough for me. The colors were rich and all that. The amount of real-estate on this display is just staggering.

I opened up my personal page on the display, and even when displaying the entire page on the upper left corner, there was still a good chunk of space below the window and a vast prairie of desktop space left on the right.

I just shivered at the thought of doing web development on this. My IDE on the left with the code, web page in the middle, and three small terminal windows with debugging output on the left. That would just simply be heaven.

-tim

Forum Links
Forum Rules