Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Questions from a new PS4 gamer

Questions from a new PS4 gamer
HamSandwich
Jan 17, 2016, 12:56 PM

Hey,

I'm new to games on the PS 4, but I bought one several months ago. It stood around for a while, until I had some time. I played GTA V which was very good and I played Destiny that was fun. I bought Need for Speed and I have some trouble to get going, I find it rather difficult, is that true? Or do I just have to get started?

To be honest, I had some problems playing games on the PS 4, I tried playing Tomb Raider, Killzone and Assasin's Creed: Syndicate.

I got stuck in Tomb Raider twice, which was very weird. I just got lost in the middle of a mission. Somehow, it was a very large map and - I even used a Youtube video walkthrough - the map is used twice. That's at the point, for those who follow, when you have to find the pilot, after the plane crashed, it's 20% into the game or so. I didn't get going and grew frustrated.
I had already tried playing Tomb Raider a few months ago, but I got stuck at some point in the game, seemed a bug or so. I couldn't finish the game and I would have to replay it altogether to maybe achieve a change!
So, the TR experience was very strange and I wonder if it was really my fault. Reviews were good, generally.

I tried playing Killzone and I found it hard, although the graphics were nice and the story seemed a bit cheap. As it was one of the first games, I thought it was probably not so refined, so I ditched it.

As for Assasin's Creed, I found it tremendously strange to play, it takes ages to get any missions done and it took me very long to get up to 10% at all and that was on fun.

I don't know what to think any more. It is more or less my first console, but when I was younger, ten years ago, I play a lot on my Mac. I used to write for macinplay.de and we played and reviewed many Mac games, most of which were AAA games on the PC. So I know games a bit. It's been a while though. Am I no longer a good gamer? Do you find games were difficult these days? I also got SimCity for christmas, for the Mac, and it's pretty quickly over, right? I mean, is there so much depth? You can give some depth yourself by retrying many things, but then, there are no missions, no aims, no enemies, right? I don't know what the original SimCity was like.
Are console games particularly hard, maybe? Was TombRaider buggy?

Any ideas on what to do? I like the PS 4 a lot, I loved GTA, but it was what it was supposed to be and didn't hold too many surprises. It's okay when games have a learning curve, but they shouldn't be impossible to play. Any thoughts?

Greetings,
PeterParker

ibook_steve
Jan 19, 2016, 04:57 PM

GameFAQs is your friend!

If I like a game a lot, I try not to give up on it. I bought my PS4 with Arkham Knight. At first, it felt very overwhelming, but once I got into it, I couldn't stop playing (and I had played through all of Arkham Asylum on my PS3).

I've played through almost all of Tomb Raider on my computer, though I got "stuck" since I currently can't find enough "material" (i.e. kill enough animals; they actually stop spawning; I don't think it's a bug) to complete all my weapon upgrades. One of these days, I'll go back and finish it.

But, yes, if you're stuck, check out gamefaqs.com.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

andi*pandi
Jan 20, 2016, 11:53 AM

Also a new PS4 owner, we're liking it so far. Worst thing was setting up all the #$%^&*() accounts for multiplayer use.

I haven't got TR yet, but plan to. I bet there is something you're missing, I love walkthroughs for this debugging.

Forum Links
Forum Rules