Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple Shipping... Room For Improvement?

Apple Shipping... Room For Improvement?
Tenacious Dyl
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2005, 04:31 PM

Hey... I've ordered quite a bit from Apple.com, as well as other online stores, NewEgg.com especially. Over time my impression of Apple's shipping system has become worse and worse.

Sunday, I ordered 2 products, both available (in stock)... one from Apple's Online Store, and one from NewEgg.com. By Sunday night, NewEgg sent me confirmation of order, monday morning I had a link from them for tracking it, and it was already on its way here. Apple had sent only an email confirming my credit card use.

Monday evening, I learn my NewEgg product has travelled quite a bit, and is much closer to me (1-2 day estimate) and that Apple's is "Not yet shipped"... not even WAITING in a post office or something... just not shipped at all.

Tuesday (Today), Late afternoon the NewEgg product is just a couple hours away from me, and will be here either today or early tomorrow. Apple's site says my order is STILL "not yet shipped" and has an "estimated" ship date of Wednesday. That is, it won't even leave Apple til Wednesday, and not be here before Saturday. So... I will receive my NewEgg product before my Apple product even LEAVES Apple.

You would think Apple would have a little bit better grasp of what is "good business"

-I used "2-3 day shipping" via UPS on BOTH orders.

Any thoughts / comparisons / etc. This has happened a lot, and this is just the most recent occurence with me.
yep.

Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2005, 10:04 PM

What did you order from Apple?
Midshipman 3/C, USNR

zerostar
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2005, 10:35 PM

Agreed, I rarely order directly from Apple for just this reason, I broke and ordered a video ipod 2 weeks ago for a christmas gift for my friend, it still hasn't shipped.

Tenacious Dyl  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2005, 11:00 PM

Another 20" Cinema Display, was labled in stock and ready to ship... seems like thats a 3-4 day wait period THEN 2-3 ship. Gah. My first 20" Display is showing some spots... maybe I will send it in (to be replaced / repaired) when I receive the new one.
yep.

Tenacious Dyl  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2005, 01:59 AM

Yep... in the end, NewEgg product was delivered early Wednesday, and Apple Product delivered Mid Friday
( Last edited by Tenacious Dyl; Dec 10, 2005 at 04:07 AM. )
yep.

Forum Links
Forum Rules