Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > "Family specific matching fails" in dmesg

"Family specific matching fails" in dmesg
Tomchu
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2006, 02:20 PM

For the last little while I've noticed that I get a whole hell of a lot of this in my dmesg log:

Code:
... Matching service count = 0 Matching service count = 0 UHCI Root Hub Simulation: family specific matching fails Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad: family specific matching fails UHCI Root Hub Simulation: family specific matching fails UHCI Root Hub Simulation: family specific matching fails IR Receiver: family specific matching fails UHCI Root Hub Simulation: family specific matching fails IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice: family specific matching fails EHCI Root Hub Simulation: family specific matching fails Built-in iSight: family specific matching fails Matching service count = 16 ...
Plugging in more USB devices, like say a mouse or card reader, spawns more of this kind of thing. My USB devices seem to work fine, but I never do recall seeing this when I first got my MacBook Pro.

Could it perhaps be a 3rd-party kernel extension? I've got one or two installed for some esoteric USB devices I use at work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules