Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > DS Wifi access using Airport Card

DS Wifi access using Airport Card
Sosa
Senior User
Apr 26, 2007, 02:08 PM

Why can't I create a local wireless network using my airport card that my DS can pick up? I create the network but the DS doesn't see it. Is there a technical reason for this?

I have yet to buy an airport station.
2011 iMac 2.7 i5, 16gb RAM, 1TB HD
Previous Macs: Apple IIc+, iMac 350 G3, iBook 700 G3, G4 Powerbooks 12" 1ghz & 15" 1.67ghz
Join Team MacNN.

kick52
Baninated
Apr 26, 2007, 03:19 PM

you can do this, here is the simple way:

just use a 128 bit wep password, which requires 12 letters (i think). that should work. i dont think 48(or whatever it is) works with nintendo's wifi service.

Sosa  (op)
Senior User
Apr 26, 2007, 11:35 PM

Interesting. I can create 128 encryption, but I have to enter a password. I wonder if the DS will request that I enter it? Or is this done automatically? I just realized that none of my games have the wi-fi option, so I actually have no way of actually checking! Right?
2011 iMac 2.7 i5, 16gb RAM, 1TB HD
Previous Macs: Apple IIc+, iMac 350 G3, iBook 700 G3, G4 Powerbooks 12" 1ghz & 15" 1.67ghz
Join Team MacNN.

Dazed
Apr 27, 2007, 02:14 AM

Cant set it up till you have a wifi game if i remember correctly. The games will have options to enter all the relevant information (including passwords etc).

They also have option to test the connection which is handy before you start a game

Using channel 1 or 11 on router is the best (the others seems to not work for me or many others i know)

kick52
Baninated
Apr 28, 2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Interesting. I can create 128 encryption, but I have to enter a password. I wonder if the DS will request that I enter it? Or is this done automatically? I just realized that none of my games have the wi-fi option, so I actually have no way of actually checking! Right?
wait.. arae you saying that if you create a password, you dont know if you will have to enter it on the DS?

if so: ...

@Dazed: are you sure? (afaik) there is a software update option so im guessing there must be something in the settings. in fact, i'm sure there is, because some guy was talking about it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules