Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook screen problem

iBook screen problem
daniele tabanella
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 05:00 PM

Hi to everybody,

this is a photo of my girlfriend's ibook, as you can see there is a row that goes horizontally on the screen. People at the applestore told me that could be a problem of screen or logic board, with a cost for repairing between 300 and 400 euros.

Can someone tell me if it could be a different kind of problem.. ehm.. with a cheaper solution?

thanks in advance.

daniele

profetes
Apr 2, 2006, 01:53 AM

Try using pixel tester to see if possibly you have any dead pixels. And how much is a euro in us money?

eeeaa
Forum Regular
Apr 9, 2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ibookowner1213
Try using pixel tester to see if possibly you have any dead pixels. And how much is a euro in us money?
A Euro is about, what, about a $1.50 now in US money (they are doing very well over there). Way too much, if you ask me, but I hear that Macs and Mac repairs are more expensive in Europe, so that sounds about right.

If he needs to replace the screen, eBay is a good place to start looking. You can get iBooks (broken) for cheap, and use them for the parts. iFixIt.com has guides for replacing everything in/on the iBook, if he's looking for adventure (seriously, the guides are excellend, and I used one last week to upgrade my iBook's hard drive).
Dennis R. Metzcher
MyMacBlog.com: My experiences with the Mac OS, a switcher's point of view. With a new Mac tip each week day.

daniele tabanella  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 9, 2006, 05:14 PM

thanks a lot!

lilford
Apr 12, 2006, 05:17 PM

PS: I like your background.

Forum Links
Forum Rules