Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Handbrake Help needed

Handbrake Help needed
Cincojoe
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2006, 09:38 PM

I'm using Handbrake to RIP some DVD's to my G5 iPod. The video comes across perfect, but the sound is very fast paced. Sounds like it's in fast forward or something. Any ideas? I would post on the Handbrake forum but it doesnt see a lot of traffic.
Power Mac 2.0 with 4GB RAM

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 27, 2006, 09:42 PM

Are they all like that? What DVDs are you ripping and what settings are you using?

Cincojoe  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2006, 10:02 PM

They are some Photography DVD's by Ron Reznick. Four DVD's in all. I have tried a combo of just about every setting you can think of and they all do the same. I have followed several tutes and get the same results.
Power Mac 2.0 with 4GB RAM

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 27, 2006, 11:54 PM

Well, I'd suggest first of all trying another DVD (something mainstream) with the same settings and seeing what happens. It could just be something screwy about those particular DVDs. I'm not really sure what else to tell you.

hickey
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2006, 02:20 AM

I know you said you've followed some tutorials already, but I've always use this one and NEVER had a problem http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/

But as Icruise said, try a mainstream DVD and see if you can get it to work. At least that way you will know if its a problem with your photo DVD's

wilsonng
Senior User
Jul 29, 2006, 07:42 AM

With some problem DVDs, I often run it through DVD2OneX and then run it through Handbrake...
You can bend my ear. We can talk all day. Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say. -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET

Forum Links
Forum Rules