Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official �New PowerBook 12� order status

Official �New PowerBook 12� order status (Page 5)
AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 05:54 PM

Side note: My iPod is still in China. I talked to two worthless people at Airborne who had no idea why.

The first one said it should be stateside later today (No way do I belive that) and the second says it'll be at least 48 hours.

The second one said that it was Apple's fault, that so many people love iPods that they didn't have enough supply, and somehow this means my iPod is still in China.

How absurd an explanation is this?

Sigh.

PB on its way, though.

Raz.ca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 07:34 PM

Ok, im new here. I ordered my PB12 BTO 60gig/384 AE on the 12th, and got the email the 16th saying I got upgraded to a rev b with same HD and the new proc and half a gig of memory (yay! i thought) I had at the same time that I ordered the PB ordered a 10gig iPod because if you're a student you get like 300 dollars CAD back so essentially an iPod for 79 dollars. Nice price, so I went with it. Anywho, I got bumped to 10/3 and it hasn't even remotely considered changing. My ipod got here the 27th (and I had to pay fedex 15 dollars to give it to me because it was on a saturday, apple has the "you bought something from us so why should we give it to you deal, with fedex") Allright, so my iPod is nifty. But I really really need my PB. On the apple.ca online store you can log in as a student of a K-12 or University and I did so and magically all the prices were lowered. So I ordered online with my VISA card. They have yet to charge the card for anything, and I feel kind of bad that they can't do ANYTHING to make me feel better. Not give me a free voucher for an upgrade to 10.3, or an isight or a BT mouse or something, NADA. When I mentioned that i've read instances online of people getting stuff because they wanted to cancel, the canadian - AND - the later american spokesperson told me that A) apple doesnt much like nor do they allow their workers to talk or comment about/on "rumorsites" B) that they would refund me the 22 dollars I used initally to get the upgraded shipping, and that they were indeed glad to have me as a customer, even if I thought they were being a little odd when going into "sorry sir but im not allowed to say anythning mode" it felt un-natural and VERY annoying. Anywho they refunded me twice for some reason, but I am dumb and went and signed up as a student ADC. So they got twice their money back. :-)

I should've never gotten this VISA card.

now I just REALLY want them to hurry their asses up and gimme my damn PB! I need it (i can't write in hand, its completely useless, and I have midterms coming up (and yes I have agreements with the profs to use a lappy in midterms)) - Goddamnit.

But... from what I hear the 12" PB is a nice machine, I think I'll like it. I certainly like the iPod Even though I have to reformat it when I get my PB Thats pretty dumb engineering - A CF card dont run Fat32 and is read equally by winblows, camera's and macs. But for some reason you have to use mac format when you use itunes and fat32 when you just copy **** over with ephpod. Grrr

oki, See ya

- Rasmus

( Last edited by vmarks; Sep 30, 2003 at 11:08 PM. )

urban
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 11:37 PM

my pb has be pushed back to Oct FOURTEEN (14) !!!!!!
That's like two weeks from now!!
my original ship date was sept 29
i've GOTTA be the unluckiest person here
Powerbook 12" 1GHZ, 1.25GB of RAM
My blog

cazlar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by urban:
my pb has be pushed back to Oct FOURTEEN (14) !!!!!!
That's like two weeks from now!!
my original ship date was sept 29
i've GOTTA be the unluckiest person here
Heh, I think I'm more unlucky. Ordered 4 Sept, ship date 16 Sept. Upgraded to new model (yay), but with ship date of 9 Oct.
Hopefully it will actually ship then and not be pushed back further!

Crush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 02:01 AM

Originally posted by dreverhart:
I think it is the 80GB harddrive that is the cause for the delay. Has anyone had an 80gb BTO powerbook ship yet?
I think you maybe onto something! My precious will also enclose a 80GB HD, and my shipping estimate, quoted on Sept 22nd, was OCT 24th!

But.. I'm in Europe, and I foolishly ordered few accessories with my precious AND orders over here at least won't be shipping until all the items in the order are available. WHY didn't I have more sense when placing the order..!

Somebody sedate me for a couple of weeks, so there's *some* sense to my checking the order status several times a day...
1GHz 12" PB/SD/768/80/APE
400MHz iMac DV Blueberry/384/60/AP/BT
1st generation iPod 10GB
SE T610
Canon Digital Ixus

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2003, 03:38 AM

Well, I don't have any CTO or BTO going on. I'm installing the parts I already have lying around all by myself.

So, I don't think the pushbacks are due to BTO alone.

It seems like once again Apple is just shipping to the US first and then to Europe later. I'll remind Steve of that next time they wonder why the European market share looks bad compared to the US...
•

powerduck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 04:02 AM

BTO, educational, US

PBG4 15.2/1.25GHZ/1024 (1)/80 (5400)/CMBO/AP/BL

Ordered 09/25/2003 Est. Ship 11/07/2003

eza
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 10:26 AM

Got the dreaded message last night, now:

PBG4 12.1/1GHZ/256/80/CMBO/AP/BT/LL
will now ship on or before 10/09/2003

Maybe it is the 80GB hard drive.

Originally posted by eza:
Combo, 80 GB, 256 MB, Airport Extreme, Ordered 9/19, Ship on/before 9/30

johnong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2003, 01:41 PM

I love FedEx.
My PB 12/Combo/60GB/AE Card was shipped as scheduled on 9/30.
It was estimated to be delivered by 10/3, but it came this morning on 10/2 before 9:25am.
I'm transferring stuff over to my new PB from my iBook.
Yay!
Finally here! I can't express how I really felt when I track the package this morning, and saw that it was already delivered. Then, I went back downstair to the front desk, and there it was sitting in the back!

Quick note:
Heat problem. I am aware of how HOT it is on the left side. I am right now heavily using the harddrive, as I am transferring files over using Firewire Target Disk Mode. It is warm, warmer than I expected, but not even close to the Rev A heat problem. That was just HOT. I'd say this one is on the high end of being warm.
Hopefully regular run would cut down that problem.

dreverhart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2003, 01:51 PM

Quick question:

Has anyone has their ship date get pushed back twice?

I am starting to get nervous - I ordered on the release date, was supposed to ship on the 25th, then got pushed back to Oct 3rd. October 3rd is coming quickly and I just cannot wait to see an actual shipping notice.

Drew

Draco
Oct 2, 2003, 03:17 PM

Quick question:

I am starting to get nervous - I ordered on the release date, was supposed to ship on the 25th, then got pushed back to Oct 3rd. October 3rd is coming quickly and I just cannot wait to see an actual shipping notice.

Drew
Yeah I'm feeling the same. The 80gb drive must be the hold up, but that's no excuse. If my 12" doesn't ship tomorrow I'm just going to cancel it and wait until Panther comes on the machine. Apple really hurts themselves when they can't even ship a product with some punctuality.

Amorya
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2003, 03:19 PM

Quick question:

Drew
Yes. Pushed back to 3/10 then back again to the second week of October.

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 2, 2003, 03:22 PM

Got it! Right at 12:00, too.

Good luck on your shipment

gator
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 2, 2003, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by johnong:
I love FedEx.
My PB 12/Combo/60GB/AE Card was shipped as scheduled on 9/30.
It was estimated to be delivered by 10/3, but it came this morning on 10/2 before 9:25am.
[snip]
John, was your package in Indianapolis at any point? Mine shipped the same day as yours, and right now it's in Indy being "held at sort facility"... I think it means just until it gets the proper pickup to transit down to FL, but maybe not.
( Last edited by gator; Oct 2, 2003 at 03:47 PM. )
12" PB 1 GHz Combo, 60GB, 512MB, AE
40GB iPod

bookpress
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2003, 05:47 PM

Ordered on 9/04, my powerbook order has been bumped from the 12th to the 19th, the 19th to the 26th, and the 26th to the 3rd. I guess tomorrow it will be bumped to the 10th. What is going on?

in the flesh?
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 06:07 PM

gator i am in the same boat as you. mine shipped on the 30th and was sitting in indianapolis since 8:26 pm on the 1st until i just checked it now and it says it left the sorting facility. the estimated shipping says 10:30 am on the 2nd.

redcalx
Oct 2, 2003, 06:09 PM

I just got bumped to the 14th of October... I'm on the phone with them right now... I'm thinking I might just cancel... and my G5 order too... I'm sick of all the delays.

My rationalle is that in my business, if I treated my customers this way and delayed their design work 2 weeks at a time... I'd have no customers. So why should Apple get my business.

This is a sad day...

bpd115
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by redcalx:
I just got bumped to the 14th of October... I'm on the phone with them right now... I'm thinking I might just cancel... and my G5 order too... I'm sick of all the delays.

My rationalle is that in my business, if I treated my customers this way and delayed their design work 2 weeks at a time... I'd have no customers. So why should Apple get my business.

This is a sad day...
I ordered a 12 inch/80/combo/airport extreme on 9/23 and have had on or before 10/3 since I placed the order....I haven't gotten an email from apple and on or before 10/3 is still in my order status.....*keeps fingers crossed*

Argent
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 12:04 AM

Originally posted by eza:
Maybe it is the 80GB hard drive.
Could very well be. I'm still waiting for a 80GB SuperDrive 12". Original delivery date was by Sept. 30th, now pushed back to Oct. 9th.

qvr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 05:23 AM

My 12" shipped today!
yay yay yay yay!

Shipment Picked Up TAIPEI, TP, TW 03 Oct 2003 03:02
Cleared Customs TAIPEI, TP, TW 03 Oct 2003 05:00

Crush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 05:51 AM

Originally posted by qvr:
My 12" shipped today!
yay yay yay yay!
Ooooh, the excitement! I can't bare to check my order status.... have.. to.. re-sist... Nah, couldn't do it: still being assembled. Although I called earlier this week and cancelled the minidvi to video adapter that was holding my order to speed things up. The person on the phone said it'd be shipping in couple of days, ie. this week..! Well, we'll see.

Congrats again qvr! I remember you had combo and apx, was your HD stock or bigger?
1st generation iPod 10GB
SE T610
Canon Digital Ixus

qvr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 06:21 AM

Originally posted by Crush:
Congrats again qvr! I remember you had combo and apx, was your HD stock or bigger?
Thanks! I can't stop reloading the shipment tracking page!

It's all stock except for the airport extreme.

Crush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by qvr:
Thanks! I can't stop reloading the shipment tracking page!
Hehe, I wonder how bad it's going to be for me when I'm at the same stage as you are...

Btw, what's the shipping company with your order? People've been complaining over the Airborne here...
1st generation iPod 10GB
SE T610
Canon Digital Ixus

kaibutsu3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 06:42 AM

Hi all!
just ordered myself a new 12" powerbook with the 20GB ipod through apple UK education store ,

Earliest shipping date is 16th Oct.

Ah... still such a long way to go

any of you guys from the UK? what are your shipping dates?

kai

desillusion.com
Oct 3, 2003, 06:46 AM

how unfair is that? ordered my new 12" shortly after the keynote, and my est. shipping date is october 10! =)
finally here and absolutely flawless:
powerbook 12" 1ghz rev b combo 768 mb ram bt-mouse

qvr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 07:08 AM

Btw, what's the shipping company with your order? People've been complaining over the Airborne here...
The shipping company is currently Kuehne & Nagel which probably carries it to Luxembourg and there it goes over to TNT which will deliver it to Finland.
It's afaik the same thing for all european customers, luckily Airborne only delivers to US

kaibutsu3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 07:10 AM

Originally posted by desillusion.com:
how unfair is that? ordered my new 12" shortly after the keynote, and my est. shipping date is october 10! =)
did you order the 80GB drive? it seems to be what's holding up many ppl's orders.
but in my case it's the 20GB ipod, powerbook's build time is 5-7 but the ipod is 10-15!!
unfortunately the EDU �120 rebate is just too good to pass on

bookpress
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 10:18 AM

My 12" powerbook just shipped this morning via Fedex.

Draco
Oct 3, 2003, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by bookpress:
My 12" powerbook just shipped this morning via Fedex.

Please tell me you have an 80gb BTO order Mine is supose to ship today, but I have a feeling it's going to get bumped again.

kenshin27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 11:40 AM

I ordered a PBG4 1.25/1x512/5400rpm80GB on 9/22 which was originally slated to ship on 9/29. On 9/29 I got an email saying it was delayed to 10/6. On 10/1 I got another email saying it was shipped. Tracking # I received was one of those commonly reused ones that Airborne likes to use so I called in a few minutes ago to check on status since the website displays no info. Lady said it was held up because of a "customs problem" and to try again in 48 hours. You'd think that Apple's been shipping stuff out from overseas for so long now that there wouldn't be any more of these customs problems. =p

Anemia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 11:59 AM

My 60gig/AE BTO just got here about 20 minutes ago via FedEx. I'll tell you what, this thing is SUH WEET! I haven't turned it on yet, as I'm charging the battery by the book before I fire it up, but the fit and finish here is AMAZING. my favorite part so far is the latch. It's a far cry from the ibook latch that I'm used to.

I'll post further Impressions after I've used it for a while.

To everyone waiting: Keep Waiting, it's totally worth it when it gets there.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2003, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Draco:
Please tell me you have an 80gb BTO order Mine is supose to ship today, but I have a feeling it's going to get bumped again.
I too have a 80Gb BTO, supposed to ship today - I am holding my breath...

I will keep you posted-

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

rsh
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2003, 12:55 PM

My Powerbook 12/60/Combo arrived today via Fedex. FedEx's page said it would be delivered by 12 PM today.. and they delivered!

It's sitting at home while I await the end of what will be a loooong work day.

AdamHadem
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 01:28 PM

Just got notice that mine shipped this morning from Taiwan. Ordered it originally a MONTH ago on Sept 4. It was upgraded (by Apple) and delayed twice. Its finally at the docks, ready to come here to the US.

They upgraded my shipping to "overnight," too, but guess what that means? Yup, since its coming from Taiwan, it won't arrive here until NEXT Thursday, Oct 9. Too late for me. I leave on a business trip tomorrow morning.

At least it will be waiting for me when I get home.

BTW: it was a custom order: 60GB, superdrive, memory, etc....

Draco
Oct 3, 2003, 01:51 PM

I just talked to an Apple rep. I wanted to see if they could tell me if my BTO order was going to ship or not today. He said it was packaged, my card was charged and it would ship within the next 12 hours! My order status page doesn't reflect that it's shipped yet, but I'll take his word for it. I should get a ship email today sometime.

dreverhart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 02:48 PM

I just talked to an Apple rep and he says my BTO 80gb / superdrive unit is being boxed and should ship today (10.03/03). None of this was reflected on the apple store online, but it looks like I will not get my shipping bumped back again. Hope everyone else gets theirs shipped on time too!!

bpd115
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2003, 03:38 PM

Just spoke with Apple...my 80 gig combo 12 inch 256 which I ordered on 9/23 is due out the door today. Yippppie!

pwolfe1
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2003, 06:12 PM

Powerbook 12" 1 Ghz 512mb, airport extreme, bluetooth mouse, no dead pixels, and its installing the 10.2.8 remix right now. This thing is incredible!

in the flesh?
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2003, 06:36 PM

i got mine this morning and it is flawless. i am at school right now on a wireless network. doesn't wobble and the screen is great

mattcass
Oct 3, 2003, 07:06 PM

I'm just about ready to do the same as redcalx. I just got the e-mail now saying that my order wont go through on time and not only would it be bumped back by a week, but an addition 5 days to the 15th. For me then it's the 26th to the 3rd to the 15th. 22 days to ship a computer? That's just ridiculous. If I dont get a good answer over the phone from them right now as to why my powerbook is that delayed I might just cancel my order.

cazlar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 07:18 PM

Yay! After waiting just on a whole month (ordered Sept 4) my 12" SD BTO has finally shipped!
The only problem is that the email and order status don't tell me who the carrier is or give me a tracking number. So does anyone know how long shipments take to get to Australia?

sem
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 07:29 PM

ordered 9/16 12" SD/80GHD original shipping date was 9/25, pushed back to 10/3, now its 10/15. javascript:smilie('')

Draco
Oct 3, 2003, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by sem:
ordered 9/16 12" SD/80GHD original shipping date was 9/25, pushed back to 10/3, now its 10/15. javascript:smilie('')
I got the same thing, although I was told by the Apple rep to ignore it and that my order was boxed and waiting to be picked up by the shipper. I should receive a email stating it shipped tomorrow. Frankly, I'll believe that when I see it.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2003, 09:36 PM

AAARRGGH. I also ordered 9/16, and got the DELAYED AGAIN email - 10/15/03 - this reeks of rev a 17". I gues the BTO 80Gb drive has turned around to bite me. oh well, worth the wait, I only get a new mac every 3-4 yrs, so I want it BTO how I want it - and I like extra HD space,

The wait continues,

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

dreverhart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 11:24 PM

Earlier I posted:

I just talked to an Apple rep and he says my BTO 80gb / superdrive unit is being boxed and should ship today (10.03.03). None of this was reflected on the apple store online, but it looks like I will not get my shipping bumped back again. Hope everyone else gets theirs shipped on time too!!

A few hours later: I got an email saying my computer is delayed until 10.15.03. I cannot believe that an apple rep would just lie to me like that, so I hope this is a mixup. I hope that they are just covering their butts and this thing is really going to ship sometime soon.

To top things off - I am buying this through the education store and want to send in that buy a bundle rebate at some point.

Alerosport.com
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 11:45 PM

Orderd my 12 incher 9-25-2003 with Airport Extreme Card and 80 gig drive in it! 7 to 11 days was what i got.

Got my power book on 9-30-2003 been so busy playing with it just now got around to posting a follow up. Computer does have a slight wobble other wise its great and half the time its on my lap so no wobble.

Wolfienstien plays great. Played vs. my bro him on his new 17 inch palying wireless fun stff

I love this thing and its not as hot as the Rev A for sure. Gets slightly warm but NOTHEN like the first 12 PB's

Very happy with it cant wait to get 10.3!

Loving this 80 gig hard drive HUGE!

Later, Ash

www.applegeeks.com
www.aleromod.com
www.AleroSport.com
PB 12" 1GHz 80gig/and superdrive!
Sold the 867 Quicksilver
for sale-- ATI 9000

dreverhart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2003, 01:37 AM

Earlier I posted:

I just talked to an Apple rep and he says my BTO 80gb / superdrive unit is being boxed and should ship today (10.03.03). None of this was reflected on the apple store online, but it looks like I will not get my shipping bumped back again. Hope everyone else gets theirs shipped on time too!!

A few hours later: I got an email saying my computer is delayed until 10.15.03. I cannot believe that an apple rep would just lie to me like that, so I hope this is a mixup. I hope that they are just covering their butts and this thing is really going to ship sometime soon.

To top things off - I am buying this through the education store and want to send in that buy a bundle rebate at some point.
I JUST GOT A FED EX TRACKING NUMBER via email from Apple. Shipped on Oct 4th, should receive the pwoerbook on the 7th!!!! Everyone who received the postponement notice today should check their email for a shipment notice.....

Draco
Oct 4, 2003, 03:21 AM

Originally posted by Alerosport.com:
Orderd my 12 incher 9-25-2003 with Airport Extreme Card and 80 gig drive in it! 7 to 11 days was what i got.

Got my power book on 9-30-2003 been so busy playing with it just now got around to posting a follow up. Computer does have a slight wobble other wise its great and half the time its on my lap so no wobble.

Wolfienstien plays great. Played vs. my bro him on his new 17 inch palying wireless fun stff

I love this thing and its not as hot as the Rev A for sure. Gets slightly warm but NOTHEN like the first 12 PB's

Very happy with it cant wait to get 10.3!

Loving this 80 gig hard drive HUGE!

Later, Ash

www.applegeeks.com
www.aleromod.com

HOw the F did you get your BTO 80gb order before me?! I orderedd on the 16th!

Crush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2003, 04:13 AM

OMG! My order status page says all items shipped! Today!

....but the tracking link page shows only two out of four items there... oh well, haven't even received the order shipped email yet...

Oh, oh! Teh page is updating right now! Oh joy!

Shipment Picked Up
TAIPEI, TP, TW
04 Oct 2003 03:23

1st generation iPod 10GB
SE T610
Canon Digital Ixus

qvr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2003, 06:38 AM

OMG! My order status page says all items shipped! Today!
Congratulations to you too!

Mine still says that it cleared customs and that was yesterday morning!
Oh well, it's probably (hopefully) on a plane heading to europe, it's a looong flight from Taiwan

Forum Links
Forum Rules