Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Err, BT suddenly unavailable, anyone seen this before?

Err, BT suddenly unavailable, anyone seen this before?
slider
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 12:25 AM

Hello all,
Strange happenings with my BT on my 15" Al. It just says it's unavailable now, I didn't do anything like drop it or even bump it. I use a BT keyboard and mouse at work and when I leave I turn it off. It was fine earlier this evening. It has the BT icon with the squiggly line through it now. I've restart, shutdown and even removed the battery after shutdown hoping it might reset something. Nothing. I happen to have the D-Link BT adaptor and when I plug that in I have the BT again. So it sounds like a bad BT card, right? I have to get my monitor replaced anyways due to these white spots, so I will have them take care of this to, it's just strange and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

BTW, has anyone who as needed work done on their PB expressed concern to the rep about some of these service horror stories, ie sending out a PB and having more problems when they are returned?

wanderlust
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2003, 01:04 AM

I had this problem some time ago, it's not a new one. I forget what the solution is, but you can find it here on the board if you search or on Apple's own forum.

Forum Links
Forum Rules