Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > attention people in or near san francisco.

attention people in or near san francisco.
Isaac
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2004, 01:01 AM

hello, on another forum I read a some reports, I've not been able to confirm the story thus far, I don't think the main stream media would give it publicity and I don't think the Indimedias could, considering the FBI's williness to confiscate there servers, so I am asking for independent verification of there story, but I can't tell you the story, I need you to tell me the same story... anyways, can someone please go by

WELLS FARGO BANK
4648 MISSION ST
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94112

and tell me the condition in which this building is in... photos would be great, thank you

please email photos to [email protected]

thank you!

"Capitalism is man exploits man, in communism it's the other way around" -- some guy...

TeknoTurd
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2004, 07:27 AM

If you can't tell me why you want to know what condition it is in, I can't tell you what condition it is in.

An Alias
Forum Regular
Location: NOT in The People's Theocratic Republic of Homophobia
Nov 6, 2004, 07:42 AM

PM me the story.
Who, or what actually won the US election? Intolerance. The Bush campaign was built around pushing God down people's throats; attacking Gays; and more Guns for the idiotic. Gays, Guns & God. Congratulations, you just participated in one big joke.

Isaac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2004, 02:11 PM

if I tell you the story, then how do I know that you are sincearly confirming or denying my story?

"Capitalism is man exploits man, in communism it's the other way around" -- some guy...

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 6, 2004, 02:27 PM

Its a hard sell to get someone to go out of their way and waste part of their undoubtedly busy day to go check on something for you without at least telling them what they are checking on. And if they go down there and find a bank open for business as usual, they'll probably be pretty pissed. Do you have any reason to believe that someone would go through the trouble of going to this Wells-Fargo, only to go back home, get on the internet and lie to you about it?
Nemo me impune lacesset

PacHead
Baninated
Nov 6, 2004, 02:40 PM

The dude is basically saying, Please do me a huge favor, but I don't trust you, so I can't tell you why.

LOL, well, I'm not in SF anyhow, so this doesn't apply to me.

Isaac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2004, 02:49 PM

ohkay, the guy orginally providing the story provided a link... apperently the indimedia did get it... though Google wasn't turning that, or anything else, up when I did searches earlier... oh well...

the orginal story I was given was both exgerative on some details and underestimating on others, I was told it was compeletly trashed by a protest of about 3000 chanting "No Bush No Kerry Revolution the Only Way" and then had a bonfire down the street, but it seems according to Indimedia, that they just broke the window on that bank and another bank, but the marches and **** were quite abit more widespread and that there are 40-80 arrest, according to different sources (legal observers higher numbers, police lower number)... and that particualr chant isn't mentioned in the Indimedia report, but others are (such as: "whose street, our street", and "the people united, will never be defeated")... and the numbers estimated for the over all march, is 5,000-10,000

and, ThinkInsane, you're right.

http://sfbay.indymedia.org/archives/...category_id=12

[edited to add link]

Forum Links
Forum Rules