Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > ipod+itunes

ipod+itunes
mjm1208
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 01:12 AM

Hi The itunes program always reconized my ipod except for one time. i was in itunes and decided to see if the ipod needed a software update. When I checked it told me the ipod was in use[itunes] and to close the other program. I closed itunes and did the update check.when i was finished I closed the update program and reopened itunes, but it did not reconize the ipod . The ipod was reconized by the computor, but not itunes. I left the ipod connected and updated the itunes program [it needed it] through the internet. when the updated itunes opened the ipod was reconized. My question [finally] is, was this a software problem with itunes? I just want to be sure it wasn't a problem with the ipod itself. P.S using windows xp

iMacfan
Senior User
Jan 29, 2005, 07:11 AM

Almost certainly not - if it is working now, then I would not worry. It's probably that the older copy of iTunes now saw the iPod as a newer and unrecognisable device - just like any version before 4.7.1 won't recognise the iPod shuffle.

David

juusan
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2005, 07:52 PM

while ipods can be a bit tempermental, itunes is more high maintenance. this definitely sounds like a transient itunes issue.
-> 20" iMac Core Duo, 1GB RAM, lame superdrive that burns at 2x
-> MacBook Pro 2GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM
-> MacBook 2.16GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules