Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Moderate the discussions

Moderate the discussions
torifile
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 01:05 AM

The amount of hateful language that is flying around right now in the forums is ridiculous. People are registering names that promote violence. People are suggesting eradicating whole groups of people as a result of what happened today. I understand the anger and emotion that is associated with what happened. But this type of language would be unacceptable under normal circumstances and should be unacceptable now. It has no place in any reasonable discussion.

However, I understand the fine line between moderation and censorship. It's a hard one to walk. But in the case of promoting hate of whole groups of people, I believe it's important to err on the side of over-moderating a little. If not, at least prevent names like 'muslimnuker', etc. It's no different than having someone call themselves 'hitler'. Would that be acceptable?

Forum Links
Forum Rules