Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > got my MacBook Pro today

got my MacBook Pro today
sinosleep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2007, 01:11 AM

Wasn't supposed to ship till the 1st of January but much to my surprise it showed up this morning. Lucky too, I've been getting up at 9 am to run the last couple of days and decided not to go running today. The fedex guy was at the door at around 9:20, if I would have gone running I would have missed him.

It's a 2.4 ghz model with 2 gigs of ram and 160 gb hard drive. Came with tiger installed and disk for leopard so I went ahead and updated it. I am IN LOVE with this thing. Been having hella fun with the camera and imovie and I love all the little things like expose and spaces.

I WAS going to get a Mac Pro as my first Mac purchase but got tired of waiting on an upgrade that might not even bring what I was waiting for (8800 series video cards) so I decided to build my own vista gaming rig and get a Macbook Pro to go with it.
( Last edited by sinosleep; Dec 22, 2007 at 03:15 AM. )

dustrho
Forum Regular
Dec 22, 2007, 02:17 AM

I just purchased my first Mac as well a few days ago, and I got the same laptop as you. I, too, love my MBP and am very happy to have finally cut ties with Microsoft Windows based computers. This is suh-weet.

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Dec 23, 2007, 02:17 PM

Congratulations to you both. Welcome.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

hds272
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2007, 07:21 PM

I got my first mac last year- I loved it for about a month. I guess i'm just a windows person, I like the flexibility. I know many people that like make out with their macs though, lol!!

Congrats!

iMan G5
Dec 26, 2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by hds272 View Post
I got my first mac last year- I loved it for about a month. I guess i'm just a windows person, I like the flexibility. I know many people that like make out with their macs though, lol!!

Congrats!
Oh iMac I love you kiss me!!! LOL jk

PS. nice pick. I'm hoping to get a MBP soon but I am waiting till next year sometime.

sinosleep  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2007, 08:01 PM

I've loved everything about my mac so far except for one issue. My system preferences occasionally locks up and I'm forced to restart if I want to change any preferences. It's not that big a deal because it's not like I'm constantly changing preferences around, but it can be annoying.
( Last edited by sinosleep; Dec 30, 2007 at 08:16 PM. )

Cold Warrior
Dec 30, 2007, 09:55 PM

Since this thread got bumped after a couple days of inactivity, I changed the title to read 'MacBook Pro' instead of just 'Mac Pro' (which made it look out of place).

sinosleep  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2007, 11:02 PM

I tried to change it myself the day I posted it (Last edited by sinosleep : Dec 21, 2007 at 09:15 PM ) but for whatever reason it didn't take. Thanks though.

Cold Warrior
Dec 30, 2007, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by sinosleep View Post
I tried to change it myself the day I posted it (Last edited by sinosleep : Dec 21, 2007 at 09:15 PM ) but for whatever reason it didn't take. Thanks though.
Yeah, the forums disallow member title editing after a short time. No worries.

Forum Links
Forum Rules