Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Timbuktu on 10.2 works sometimes?

Timbuktu on 10.2 works sometimes?
string66
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2002, 12:59 PM

I installed 10.2 on my Cube 450 at home and Timbuktu (6.02) works fine. However, after upgrading my Dual 533 at work, Timbuktu disappeared and just gives an error when you try to run it.

I had read that there was a problem with 10.2 but it worked so well on the Cube I thought I'd risk it. Now I regret it

Does anyone know what causes TB2 to fail on some configurations but work fine on others?

Thanks,

string

jfischetti
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 21, 2002, 01:05 PM

It's working great on my:

B/W G3/450 <------> DP G4/500

No problems at all using 6.0.2 and 10.2 on both systems
"....and the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!"

Ric
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2002, 01:15 PM

I had the same problem - Sawtooth 450 - TB2 6.0.2 on 10.2 GM - no dice. I guess Netopia will do an update but I don't think there will be anything until at least after the official release.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2002, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Ric:
I had the same problem - Sawtooth 450 - TB2 6.0.2 on 10.2 GM - no dice. I guess Netopia will do an update but I don't think there will be anything until at least after the official release.
What error are you guys getting? You may need the haxie "Enable Menu Extras" by Unsanity since TB2 uses a .Menu, is that your error by chance?

hardcat1970
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2002, 05:43 PM

i had problem connecting between two timbuktu 6.02 computers. downgrade to 6.01 fixed the problem, i guess netopia has to make an update too!

Forum Links
Forum Rules