Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 10.2.5 and PPP Dail Up

10.2.5 and PPP Dail Up
macndave
Forum Regular
Apr 13, 2003, 07:24 AM

Though this is more suited for a Networking forum, it is appropriate for PowerBook users.

I updated to 10.2.5 two days ago and have found dramatic improvement in PPP dail up connectivity on my PowerBook. With 10.2.4, I either could not make a connection to my Earthlink account or the connection would drop after a few moments. Before 10.2.4, I could stay connected for hours.

With 10.2.5, the stable connectivity is back!

Why do I need dailup for hours at at time? I travel alot and can only connect to corporate resources using VPN under Virtual PC. So, the combination of the slower connection and the emulated OS can make what I do take longer than necessary without native Mac OS X applications. Speaking of which, are there such version for SecuRemote and Citrix? Or better yet, has anyone found a way to use SecuRemote via AirPort?

1.5Ghz AlBook G4 + 20" Cinema Display
Cable Modem via Airport Express
iSight Enabled @ dmwilsonh

Mohammed Al-Sabah
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2003, 11:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by macndave:
[B]Though this is more suited for a Networking forum, it is appropriate for PowerBook users.

I updated to 10.2.5 two days ago and have found dramatic improvement in PPP dail up connectivity on my PowerBook. With 10.2.4, I either could not make a connection to my Earthlink account or the connection would drop after a few moments. Before 10.2.4, I could stay connected for hours.

With 10.2.5, the stable connectivity is back!

hmm.. i dont recall having any probs with PPP ever ... hmm u think it was a Earthlink compatibility?

OB1
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2003, 02:38 PM

Lots of people had problems with PPP dial up in X.2.4. Some are still reporting problems in X.2.5. Anyone else find their dial up connection improved with X.2.5?

Over Achiever
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2003, 06:51 PM

I've been connected to the PPP network at my university for over 8 hours at a time, no problems when using 10.2.4.

With 10.2.5, I see no noticible changes...so I'm thinking it may have something to do with Earthlink.
"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you got."

solagratia1600
Apr 15, 2003, 10:41 AM

Problem fixed here, when I upgraded to 10.2.5 from 10.2.4. I had stubborn disconnection problems with 10.2.4. This is the second day I am on 10.2.5

Originally posted by OB1:
Lots of people had problems with PPP dial up in X.2.4. Some are still reporting problems in X.2.5. Anyone else find their dial up connection improved with X.2.5?

Forum Links
Forum Rules