Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > ipod screen

ipod screen
mjm1208
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2005, 03:11 PM

Hi. I was moving through my iPod mini menu. I went from menu to playlist to a song and back to menu. When I went back to menu the screen, for a second, was split. The screen seemed to lag for a second. I admit, I was hitting the buttons pretty quickly and it seemed for a second the screen couldn't catch up.
I have come to learn that this is normal behavior.
However, after playing with the iPod a little more, I notice that occasionally, it will do this even if I am navigating normally [not hitting the buttons fast], sometime even when I first start using the iPod. Is this also normal. Thanks

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
May 1, 2005, 11:02 PM

I noticed that once on my iPod mini. Whether it was after a long time of playing, it was acting up, or the screen was cold (which is very slow and smudgy), I don't see it that often. Of course, I don't go through my menus very often.
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 2, 2005, 02:35 AM

Yeah, that happens occasionally. I used to see it happen on my 2G more often than I have seen it on my 3G. I can't even recall seeing it happen on my 3G, now that I think about it. In any case, it is normal to see the menu lag every once in awhile. If you are seeing it more than occasionally, that is not normal.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2005, 09:23 AM

It happens. As long as it doesn't permanently lock, just be patient. My 3G will do with if I press a lot of buttons quickly, especially play a song, navigate, pause, fast forward, etc.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Transatlantic flight, first class, third row, aisle seat
May 4, 2005, 09:52 AM

I am seeing the same thing occur on my 40gig photo occasionally, especially when changing menus in the photo part. So I guess it's just the UI catching up with some intensive tasks, no need to worry, I have yet to experience some real lock-up without solution.
- What is your nationality?
- I'm a drunkard. That makes me a citizen of the world.

maxintosh
Mac Elite
May 4, 2005, 02:27 PM

I think that happens when you switch between menus at the same time the hard drive is spinning up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules