Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Pakistan clerics explain 'jihad'

Pakistan clerics explain 'jihad'
von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 05:42 PM

This could evolve into a yet another Flamewarâ„¢ but since many here have asked for Muslim condemnation of terrorism and seldom believe the Muslims here I thought I'd share it with you.

In this article is exactly what every Muslim here has said and is of the same opinion as I regarding this*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/sou...m#startcontent

* rule 8 requires that part

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2005, 10:31 AM

:crickets chirping:

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

Railroader
Banned
Jul 24, 2005, 03:14 PM

Ahhh... you found someone you agree with. One guy. Good for you. *clap*

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2005, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Isn't English your native language?

Pakistan's top Muslim clerics.........

......Mufti Rafi Usmani......

......Dr Sikander........

.......Mufti Akram Kashmir......
I won't bother with the rest of your short post. It's too easy.

Railroader
Banned
Jul 24, 2005, 04:14 PM

OK. Three.

Nice dismissal. Are you always so arrogant? Those who think they are better than others never are.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2005, 04:48 PM

How many disagree??? Hundreds of THOUSANDS??

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2005, 04:56 PM

OK. Three.

Nice dismissal.
It was all that was required to see that you 1) didn't read the article or 2) don't care what the majority of Muslim Imams say as you have already decided Islam is Teh Evilâ„¢.

Next time try to at least have the facts straight before you go on another tirade. Ok?

Railroader
Banned
Jul 24, 2005, 05:03 PM

It was all that was required to see that you 1) didn't read the article or 2) don't care what the majority of Muslim Imams say as you have already decided Islam is Teh Evilâ„¢.

Next time try to at least have the facts straight before you go on another tirade. Ok?
You assume so much. That makes you completely ignorant of the truth.

1. I did. I was referring to the fact that you found "one" article. "One" author.

2. Oh... you assume. You lie. You infer. You're ignorant.

Let me shove your words right back to you: Next time try to at least have the facts straight before you go on another tirade. Ok? They fit you better mr. bitterman

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2005, 05:37 PM

Railroader
Banned
Jul 24, 2005, 08:33 PM

As many more as you can supply. I'll read them at work tonight.

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2005, 01:30 AM

Rail...why so reluctant to believe there really are throngs of moderate muslims out there?
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

Railroader
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 02:18 AM

Did I say as such? You guys crack me up by assuming too much. I think you are building a mountain out of a mole hill. A little "everyone is out to get me" mentality. Actually, Muslims are treated quite nicely where I live. I have a Mosque about 10 miles from my house. No one gives them a hard time and I don't assume they are plotting to kill me. But you guys think I think that. funny.

On a serious note: How well do you think Christians are treated in openly Muslim countries? Maybe you should be more concerned about that? Any hate is bad.

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2005, 04:04 AM

Did I say as such? You guys crack me up by assuming too much. I think you are building a mountain out of a mole hill. A little "everyone is out to get me" mentality. Actually, Muslims are treated quite nicely where I live. I have a Mosque about 10 miles from my house. No one gives them a hard time and I don't assume they are plotting to kill me. But you guys think I think that. funny.

On a serious note: How well do you think Christians are treated in openly Muslim countries? Maybe you should be more concerned about that? Any hate is bad.
No, but you were openly hostile to his thread from the beginning. And who is "everyone" out to get? I'm an American agnostic from Texas, not a muslim. Also, I didn't actually say you didn't like Muslims, etc. You just seemed very hostile to the idea of the existence of moderate muslims getting any publicity by your responses.
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

Railroader
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by UNTiMac
No, but you were openly hostile to his thread from the beginning. And who is "everyone" out to get? I'm an American agnostic from Texas, not a muslim. Also, I didn't actually say you didn't like Muslims, etc. You just seemed very hostile to the idea of the existence of moderate muslims getting any publicity by your responses.
This is hostile?
It's mostly ambivilance.

I was just commenting on the fact that VW is making a mountain out of a mole hill. He wanted replies to his thread so badly he bumped it with a ":crickets chirping:" comment. Which is really what this thread deserves. I simply responded so VW could actually comment on something, his own post.

And then he insulted me for no appearant reason other than his own insecurity. Ahhh... but you didn't comment on that. Maybe you are a little biased?

And yes, VW has a "everybody is out to get me" mentality. He has a chip on his shoulder. Which is why he started this thread.

HawgJawl
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 05:53 AM

Indeed. We are ran out, killed, etc.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2005, 05:17 PM

So, what IS the "proper response" to Islamic Jihad for the non muslim?

Convert(Knuckle under)
leave(tail between legs-risking death on the roads out)

or

KILL THEM???

We are missing the answer in history.

When you look at what the Muslim life has to offer, you'll realize they are social antiques with modern technology.

Railroader
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 05:27 PM

Good observation Kevin. It's an issue they seem to be ignoring.

Planet_EN
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2005, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
So, what IS the "proper response" to Islamic Jihad for the non muslim?

Convert(Knuckle under)
leave(tail between legs-risking death on the roads out)

or

KILL THEM???

We are missing the answer in history.

When you look at what the Muslim life has to offer, you'll realize they are social antiques with modern technology.
Muslims certainly dont lack "proper response" of Jihad in their scripture.

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (Quran, 2:190)"

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (Quran, 8:61)"

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (Quran, 5:28)"

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)"

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (Quran 2:193)"

"Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to God's will) in Islam. Leave them alone, to enjoy and to please themselves: let hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them). (Quran, 15:2-3)"

"Say, 'The truth is from your Lord': Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it):......(Quran, 18:29)"

"If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then COMPEL mankind, against their will, to believe! (Quran, 10:99)"
"A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know. "
"A pessimist is a man who looks both ways when he crosses the street. "
"Expert: a man who makes three correct guesses consecutively. "
--- Laurence J. Peter

Railroader
Banned
Jul 29, 2005, 04:49 AM

Well?

:crickets chirping:

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 29, 2005, 05:31 AM

Christians or Americans? The owner of one of the companies I work for is from Iran, 3 of his white Christian Canadian friends went with him to Terhan last year. All treated very well. Of course he said if they had been Americans he would never have brought them over as there lives would have been in danger. I think it has more to do with Americans being in Danger in other countries over Christians.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Darthmaul4114
Forum Regular
Jul 30, 2005, 05:21 AM

i agree completely with von Wrangell

as for you Railroader, maybe you didn't get the point of the article. if the people are being attacked they are under obligation to do jihad....and for the most part, the only reason christians are ever in a muslim country is because they are attacking them. and if they aren't attacking the muslims, but the muslims still attack, they're called extremists. as far as i know, they are NOT part of the true islamic faith because they have twisted it so much so that they can justify their actions. that is not the path of a true muslim.
1.5Ghz 15" Alluminum Powerbook, 1.5Gb RAM, 64mb VRAM
iPod 4g 40GB
Dell 2405FPW

Forum Links
Forum Rules