Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Griffin iMate Under Lion?

Griffin iMate Under Lion?
Koralatov
Senior User
Aug 22, 2011, 08:48 AM

Does the classic iMate/Extended Keyboard II combo work under Lion, or has it got lost in the transition? I need to buy another iMate, but before I do, I’d like to be sure it’ll work.

ibook_steve
Aug 22, 2011, 06:37 PM

Guess not:

Griffin Technology

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Koralatov  (op)
Senior User
Aug 23, 2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
Guess not:

Griffin Technology
Despite Griffin’s site saying otherwise, it *does* work under Snow Leopard, but I just want to be sure it still works under Lion before laying down £40 for another one.

ukmoose
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2011, 06:19 AM

Just bought new iMac.
I haven't used migration assistant as I decided to start afresh and not to copy 10 years worth of meddling across.

You need another keyboard to log in with. But after that works just as before.

The Mac brings up keyboard assistant to help determine which keyboard mapping to use and then you are off.

My Apple II extended keyboard lives to see another day.

Koralatov  (op)
Senior User
Feb 10, 2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ukmoose View Post
I haven't used migration assistant as I decided to start afresh and not to copy 10 years worth of meddling across.
I did the exact same thing a little while ago. My OS X install had become a little funky after 5+ years and 10+ migrations, so I started from scratch with Lion. There was a definite speed increase after the clean install.

You need another keyboard to log in with. But after that works just as before.

The Mac brings up keyboard assistant to help determine which keyboard mapping to use and then you are off.

My Apple II extended keyboard lives to see another day.
Thanks for confirming that it does indeed work.

Do you need another keyboard to log in with *every* time, or just the first time until Keyboard Assistant determines the mapping?

Koralatov  (op)
Senior User
Mar 17, 2012, 02:41 PM

The iMate works perfectly, and only has to be identified the first time. It’s let me log in with it every time since then. The only downside is that they’re expensive to replace, and I’m looking to get a small stockpile of them since I now have a couple of AEKIIs I got for the cost of postage.

Any idea if this will work? Or does it need the drivers included on the disc? I’d like a plug-and-play solution since the drivers obviously won’t be support any more.

Forum Links
Forum Rules