Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Toast 7...

Toast 7...
naughty9s
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2005, 06:29 AM

Hey people!

Has anyone got this yet, and if so, is it any good? Does it replace dvd2onex in terms of compression and burning? Also, can I download a demo anywhere, 'cause it doesn't seem to be out over here in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any points of view.

zacharydz
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2005, 07:45 PM

I just got Toast Titanium 7.01 today. You dont need dvd2onex or any other separate compression program. It seemed like it takes toast longer to compress dvds than dvd2onex or dvdremaster, but I didn't time them and it might be psychologicaly seem to take longer because toast compresses and then burns in "one step" (ie you just select the VIDEO_TS folder, and then it compresses and burns it, rather than usind dvd2onex to compress and then take that VIDEO_TS and then burning it afterwards)

So yes, Toast Titanium 7 takes care of it all, but it might be slower than some alternatives.
Macbook 1.83 Ghz CD, 2 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, OS 10.6.2

t500
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2005, 08:02 PM

Amazon delivered mine today, but I'm still at work

$79 and then a $20 rebate for Ilife ownership...

It can also do Double Layer DVD's right?

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2005, 08:23 PM

I haven't used every feature on it but I had a couple DVD coasters with it making data backups. I switched back to Toast 5 and it burned fine. Maybe it was just a couple of bad DVDs or maybe it was T7. Not sure yet but like I said I haven't used it much.

naughty9s  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2005, 05:03 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, think i'll get it when I (hopefully) get my new 20" iMac

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2005, 07:27 AM

A few questions for whoever has Toast 7:

What's the extra software like? Do you have to install it? Does it get in the way at all? The Divx player, for instance – does it play nicely with the Fusion Divx codec?

Forum Links
Forum Rules