Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Menu bar from Contextual Menu?

Menu bar from Contextual Menu?
insular
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 15, 2007, 08:39 AM

Looking for an App that allows you to assign a keyboard shortcut (or combine a key modifier with right click) and bring up the Apple Bar menu (File, Edit, View etc.) as a popup context menu (like when you right click on something and you get that popup menu).

I remember coming across this (unless I'm dreaming) but have no idea what it was called or whether it was part of some other program.

Reason I ask is that I use Menufela to hide my Menu bar and I run dual display with the fall off edge at the top where the Apple menu is/was. This makes it difficult to get the Apple menu to popup when I want it to as I only have one or two pixels of precision to make this happen.

I could assign a keyboard shortcut to show/hide the menu but would prefer it to be at my fingertips as I hate having to scroll the mouse around from my second desktop back to the first to get something from the menu.

Say for example I'm in MS Word and I want to insert a table, I want to be able to right click somewhere or press a key sequence (or a combination of both) and get a popup menu with:

File >
Edit >
View >
Insert >
Format >
Font >
Tools >
Table >
Work >
Window >
Help >

Hopefully it's out there, as I know I've done it before with Windows but I'm not 100% sure if I've seen it on the Mac.

Hope it all makes sense
( Last edited by insular; Apr 15, 2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: better explanation)

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 15, 2007, 09:49 AM

DejaMenu

insular  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 15, 2007, 07:21 PM

YES! YES! YES! (that was an orgasmic Yes!)

You bloody legend! Thanks for that. It's EXACTLY what I want and probably the best little application ever!

Cheers man, I will now spread the word so everyone can benefit from the 8th wonder of the Mac world.

Forum Links
Forum Rules