Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 32)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 18, 2010, 05:07 PM

Yeah, it's a little rough when you run into a coordinated party of 3 or more who have decided to terrorize the lobby.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2010, 05:28 PM

Oh, that reminds me. I think I noticed a bug in the Prestige challenges. A few of them seem to reset. I'm damn sure I completed Knife Veteran I, II, & III. After I prestiged this time, Knife Veteran kills were reset to zero. I'm not sure about some of the other Prestige challenges. Unless once you get a "DONE" for the challenge it is supposed to reset?
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 18, 2010, 05:39 PM

Not a bug.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 18, 2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Now that I'm using the M4A1 rifle again, it seems to be even better than the ACR. I gotta check the stats between these 2 rifles.
The stats are near dead-even. In my experience with the ACR last prestige and M4A1 mastery this prestige I think they are, indeed, very similar. However, as I posted before, I think the M4 has more recoil and thus is less accurate at range.

Plus the ACR looks cooler.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 18, 2010, 09:30 PM

Yeah, I didn't use the M4A1 for more than one match until I'd already completed the SCAR-H and FAMAS and needed some new challenges to rank up. I hate the thing.

Also, I should probably post my favorite 3 classes like I suggested about a month ago. I never did it myself. I'll hop to it tonight before I prestige.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 18, 2010, 10:42 PM

The M4 without Stopping Power is near useless, unless you're facing someone with the same weapon and perks.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2010, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
The M4 without Stopping Power is near useless
That explains it. When I get in higher ranks I don't use Stopping Power. But since I'm in the lower ranks, I'm using Stopping Power with most classes.

The thermal scope is probably the best scope for a Sniper Rifle. The ACOG Scope makes the sniper rifle a close-up one-shot kill rifle.

I see the Sniper rifle doesn't require too many kills to get the Mastery title.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2010, 09:53 AM

Rumor: Next Call Of Duty Is A Cold War Game

That sounds more interesting than Vietnam to me.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 19, 2010, 11:11 AM

The M4 without Stopping Power is near useless, unless you're facing someone with the same weapon and perks.
Right tool for the right situation. I can murder with a silenced one while running cold-blooded. The trick is, don't meet someone head-on (i.e. this will probably not work on Sub Base, Skidrow)

---

What's your load-out for your Shotgun class? I'm thinking tonight might be the right night to shadow you, so I'll want something similar.

Also,you need to calm down your back-out trigger finger.

---

Couple of notes from last night:

• I always forget until its done to me, but saving killstreaks to use until the end of a close game = underrated

• Aside from abusing OMA to finish my Danger Close challenges, I've been constantly using it to switch back and forth from my stealth class when UAVs occur.

• I displayed some real FAL mastery last night. I popped a few snipers on the roofs of Karachi with only their heads showing. Takes a little over a second, but if you give your sights a moment to settle, three silenced headshots and they were gone.

• Seriously. It took damn near 1000 kills, but I'm starting to master the FALs iron sights. Until I Prestige, I imagine.

• Future note for games where the opposite team wisely uses UAV to mitigate or camping: Counter UAV

• Oh yeah, we got so called out for camping last night. They still hung out for a couple games before throwing their hands up and yelling, "I'm not playing in a lobby like this!" and leaving

---

First come first serve tonight. I'm playing with 6 whether 7 and 8 like it or not (Watch me log on to find out I'm 7 or 8)

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2010, 12:14 PM

Now that I've got the knack (somewhat) with the sniper rifle and I can probably finish off the Basic Training challenges (now that I can get Ghillie in the Mist), I have one burning noob question. How the !?@#$! do I get that Goodbye challenge? I've accidentally fallen off of Highrise, off of that high building on Underpass by the high stairs, off the cement path on Afghan, and died, and not gotten the Goodbye challenge. WTF?
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 19, 2010, 12:17 PM

You're falling off the edges of the map. You need to die by hitting the map inbounds. I'd tell you several places where that's happened, but its more fun to figure it out yourself.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
• Future note for games where the opposite team wisely uses UAV to mitigate or camping: Counter UAV
Yeah, I didn't realize what counter-UAV did until I saw the other team using it. I thought it just removed the enemy team's positions (the red dots) from the radar, but it completely destroys the radar.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar
First come first serve tonight. I'm playing with 6 whether 7 and 8 like it or not (Watch me log on to find out I'm 7 or 8)
If I can, I'm gonna try to concentrate on Special Ops missions tonight. Time to get some more achievements.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 19, 2010, 04:43 PM

Well, this turned into a lie. Apparently Euthyphro13, SubieCubed and I are going out tonight. There might be late logging on (but I doubt it).

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 19, 2010, 08:01 PM

Odd, I'm having drinks with a few friends tonight, cheezy included. I will also be on late if at all.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 19, 2010, 08:09 PM

Right tool for the right situation. I can murder with a silenced one while running cold-blooded. The trick is, don't meet someone head-on (i.e. this will probably not work on Sub Base, Skidrow)
M4 with Sleight of Hand and SP is a really good head-on combo, I rarely use Sleight of hand these days though.

What's your load-out for your Shotgun class? I'm thinking tonight might be the right night to shadow you, so I'll want something similar.
Right now it's:

M4A1 (Holo + Extended Mags)
SPAS (Grip + Extended Mags*)
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

*The extended mag for the SPAS is laughable, I guess it allows you never think about reloading, but you'll rarely need that many rounds.

Also,you need to calm down your back-out trigger finger.
I'm now going to veto Terminal every time for that comment.

Notes from Lobby B:

I sucked ass, and our team lost quite a bit. Our first lobby was bruuuutal, I can't explain why but the other team was nigh invincible. The hit marker was my arch nemesis. Kavvika stayed ever positive in K/D but it wasn't enough for our beleaguered team.

Besides that I played the worst match ever, and dropped my K/D for the first time in weeks.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2010, 09:33 PM

Notes from Lobby B:

I sucked ass, and our team lost quite a bit. Our first lobby was bruuuutal, I can't explain why but the other team was nigh invincible. The hit marker was my arch nemesis. Kavvika stayed ever positive in K/D but it wasn't enough for our beleaguered team.

Besides that I played the worst match ever, and dropped my K/D for the first time in weeks.
Me:
Team:

--
I'll be on all night, saving money for my trip!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 20, 2010, 11:13 AM

I'll probably be on tonight, around 10-1030.

Here's hoping I play better.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2010, 01:02 PM

Funny how quickly a k/d ratio can be brought down. Play a few games of Dom, CTF or HQ (and play the game not just for kills) and the k/d takes a beasting.

I'm trying to level up and get through the 67 to 70 stuff now and tbh keeping a decent k/d ratio isn't my highest priority. Which is lucky because last night I sucked.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2010, 04:25 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Prestiged last night.

I am once again noisy, warm and vulnerable. Why do I bother putting myself through this again and again?
( Last edited by mattyb; Feb 22, 2010 at 09:30 AM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 22, 2010, 11:02 AM

Add another gripe of Fatty's gameplay to the pile.

Apparently using the hard scope (holding your breath) when sniping isn't a normal part of the game.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 22, 2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Prestiged last night.

I am once again noisy, warm and vulnerable. Why do I bother putting myself through this again and again?
Motivation.

All I know is I'm going to suffer horribly when I lose my cold-blooded silenced FAL. I've put over 1000 kills on that this Prestige, which I think I've only ever done with the FAMAS, first Prestige. It's my serious mainstay.

Apparently using the hard scope (holding your breath) when sniping isn't a normal part of the game.
Title of thread I just ran into on IW: "when did hard scoping become a bad thing?"

Oh, sadly, I now feel cheated when teams don't bitch after a game. I want to hear the hate.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 22, 2010, 01:10 PM

Fatty was using a function that IW included as and integral aspect of quality sniping?

What a douche.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 22, 2010, 01:21 PM

Since I only ran with Cold-Blooded about 5% of the time anyways, I'm not missing it too badly after I prestiged. What I am missing, however, are my claymores and Ninja Pro.

I've been using the SCAR-H with Scavenger/Stopping Power Pro/Commando Pro with the throwing knife or the same set-up with the FAMAS and Marathon, and I've at least stopped the K/D blood-letting for the most part. Right before I prestiged I had pulled it back up to 1.05, then fell quickly to 1.03 from ranks 1-10 or so.

I'm definitely going to experiment with some other guns. I've already have more kills with the Barrett than I did during all of my first 70.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2010, 02:09 PM

Bad bad Fatty. Of course your not supposed to hard scope. They don't want you playing by the same rules and them. That's not fair.

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
What I am missing, however, are my claymores and Ninja Pro.
Yeah, you can always trust a claymore to watch your back.

I found out that with Scavenger on, you can lay a maximum of 3 claymores. You have to scavenge, though, after laying each claymore.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2010, 02:40 PM

Such a mediocre weekend of play.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 22, 2010, 02:51 PM

Yeah, you can always trust a claymore to watch your back.

I found out that with Scavenger on, you can lay a maximum of 3 claymores. You have to scavenge, though, after laying each claymore.
My favorite claymore trap is the upper-most wide window room in Underpass. You can lay a claymore at the back door, in front of the side window where guys like to jump in, and at the top of the stairs. Against a dumb team, you can go killstreak crazy as they just pile in, one after the other.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2010, 03:27 PM

FFS Fatty, a kill is only a kill if you do a 360 before hand.

Motivation.
You sound like my boss.

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Since I only ran with Cold-Blooded about 5% of the time anyways, I'm not missing it too badly after I prestiged. What I am missing, however, are my claymores and Ninja Pro.
Claymores, mmmmmmmm. HC S&D and TDM cannot be played without claymores. Think that there's even a rule written down somewhere.

I compare the satisfaction of getting a claymore kill, with that of a one shot, long range, headshot. Juicy.

Ninja was also standard on all my classes. Now I have to crouch to get anywhere silently.

I've been using the SCAR-H with Scavenger/Stopping Power Pro/Commando Pro with the throwing knife or the same set-up with the FAMAS and Marathon, and I've at least stopped the K/D blood-letting for the most part. Right before I prestiged I had pulled it back up to 1.05, then fell quickly to 1.03 from ranks 1-10 or so.
k/d ratio (for me) has gone down the toilet. Actually it really went down the toilet when Fatty brought it to my attention. I'll say that I don't care and blame HQ, Dom and CTF matches.

I'm definitely going to experiment with some other guns. I've already have more kills with the Barrett than I did during all of my first 70.
I've enjoyed the sniper stuff. I never liked the snipers before but they're pretty good in MW2, especially in HC where the M21's lack of power doesn't count against it.

Pretty sure that you can only have 2 claymores, the first one blows up when you lay the third one.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 22, 2010, 07:18 PM

Anyone playing tonight? I'll sign on around 10.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2010, 07:44 PM

Yeah, I'll be on.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2010, 08:40 PM

I'll be on around then as well.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 01:13 PM

Claymores, mmmmmmmm. HC S&D and TDM cannot be played without claymores. Think that there's even a rule written down somewhere.
I've been eying Level 31 ever since my Prestige.

I compare the satisfaction of getting a claymore kill, with that of a one shot, long range, headshot. Juicy.
Yeeees indeed.

*click*
*BOOM*
+100

k/d ratio (for me) has gone down the toilet. Actually it really went down the toilet when Fatty brought it to my attention. I'll say that I don't care and blame HQ, Dom and CTF matches.
I'm trying to learn to ignore it. I'm a secretly uber-competitive person (to the extent that I took almost a year off from playing pick-up basketball), and the K/D rankings are just another way to measure effectiveness. I wish I could get someone to disable and password protect it.

I've enjoyed the sniper stuff. I never liked the snipers before but they're pretty good in MW2, especially in HC where the M21's lack of power doesn't count against it.
Which rifle do you lean towards?

Also, the thermal scopes can kiss my Irish calf muscle. Possibly the most unfair advantage this game provides.

Pretty sure that you can only have 2 claymores, the first one blows up when you lay the third one.
If this is true, I've wasted a lot of time scavenging dead enemy supply packs to set a third one up.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2010, 02:38 PM

FFS

Yeah, there's been a few times when I've camped in a spot too long and I move on that after awhile I will forget where I've layed my claymore and hear that wonderful sound of it going off and getting the points for a kill.

That reminds me, anyone almost kill a guy and then 4 or 5 seconds later get a reward for killing him. I think sometimes the second person who shoots the guy you almost killed, gets the +20 assist. Because sometimes, 4 or 5 seconds later I'll get a +100 or +250 for a kill. Almost like a lag delay or something, but there is no lag.
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 02:38 PM

I'm fairly sure we encountered a person using the 'stand by' technique to cheat last night. Either that or host migration was on crack for a single game.

Commando Pro has some serious issues regarding lag and game latency. I'll round a corner, catch a guy off guard and swipe at him. only to see him already behind me a split second later and I'm dead. As I understand it, CP only increases the melee distance, but it also seems to increase the speed in which a player can get a knife off. Last night we had the full monty matchmaking-wise (Hawaii, Cali, East Coast) and I was getting screwed by commando pro every damn time, even when I totally got the drop on my opponent.

Favorite match of the night:

Quarry. I get knifed a few times by a Lightweight/Commando and get pissed off, so I decide to whip out my runner class. Ended the match 28-10, most kills with the G18. I was just doing loops and catching up to 3 guys off guard at a time, I'd kill one and run away, only to spin around and get the guy that inevitably followed me. Fun times.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2010, 02:41 PM

If this is true, I've wasted a lot of time scavenging dead enemy supply packs to set a third one up.
I thought it was 3. I'll have to try it out and see if it's 2 or 3. Although, if you guys say it's 2, I'm sure your right.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 02:48 PM

A great way to test that is place your third one while standing in front of the first.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 02:52 PM

I'm fairly sure we encountered a person using the 'stand by' technique to cheat last night. Either that or host migration was on crack for a single game.
Not only that, but it seemed like he "pulled" host early in the match even though there weren't any real problems.

Commando Pro has some serious issues regarding lag and game latency. I'll round a corner, catch a guy off guard and swipe at him. only to see him already behind me a split second later and I'm dead. As I understand it, CP only increases the melee distance, but it also seems to increase the speed in which a player can get a knife off. Last night we had the full monty matchmaking-wise (Hawaii, Cali, East Coast) and I was getting screwed by commando pro every damn time, even when I totally got the drop on my opponent.
I've been working under the theory that Commando gets 'priority' over non-commando knifing (i.e., if two people knife at the same time, the Commando person will win just because he is sporting the melee focused perk).

Favorite match of the night:

Quarry. I get knifed a few times by a Lightweight/Commando and get pissed off, so I decide to whip out my runner class. Ended the match 28-10, most kills with the G18. I was just doing loops and catching up to 3 guys off guard at a time, I'd kill one and run away, only to spin around and get the guy that inevitably followed me. Fun times.
What does your runner class look like?

---

I'm currently waiting on 11 more FMJ kills with the AUG before I can prestige (got 8 last night). Then I'm left with the MG4 and M240 in the LMG class for Mastery. I'll also be spreading kills around on ARs to finish the Vet III challenges (Not likely for any this Prestige, might see a ton after next).

I've been pondering working on the TacInsertion challenge. My best bet feels like Terminal, as I never use the grenade on there (the Claymore is semi-effective, Blast Shield only netted me 30 saves out of 50). It's also smaller map, which helps (I guess in that regard Scrapyard might work also).

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 03:03 PM

I've been working under the theory that Commando gets 'priority' over non-commando knifing (i.e., if two people knife at the same time, the Commando person will win just because he is sporting the melee focused perk).
Yeah, that sounds about right. Still I'd almost like to see melee fixed in the same regard as they did for Halo 3. If two people knife within the same allotted amount of time it's a double-kill. In H3 it made those close calls fair by having both parties get hit, not the person who melee'd 'first' which can be arbitrary based on the host and lag.

What does your runner class look like?
Sleight of Hand Pro
Lightweight
Commando Pro

Mini Uzi w/RDS
G18 w/FMJ
Throwing Knife / Flashbang

I forgo Marathon because coming up on people quickly without the added aiming speed of Sleight of Hand can be troublesome for me. I've also toyed around with using Scavenger Pro, but realized that I will almost never run out of ammo for both my weapons. The only thing I can see augmenting this class in a positive way would be Extended Mags for the G18.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 03:10 PM

Yeah, that sounds about right. Still I'd almost like to see melee fixed in the same regard as they did for Halo 3. If two people knife within the same allotted amount of time it's a double-kill. In H3 it made those close calls fair by having both parties get hit, not the person who melee'd 'first' which can be arbitrary based on the host and lag.
To me its obvious IW is too pussy to allow for double-kill situations the way Halo 3s patch opened up. Which is a real shame, because a double-kill is no more unfair or unbalanced than dying because of a few ms (i.e., if you can complete the kill on your screen, just reward it). This would actually go a long way to ****ing over the Lightweight/Commando class, because if you've ever watched some of the killcams, often times the guy will stab you before you do anything, then have their screen go inexplicably bloody. Best I can tell, they are willing to register all but enough damage to kill the opponent in an attempt at 'fairness'.

Sleight of Hand Pro
Lightweight
Commando Pro

Mini Uzi w/RDS
G18 w/FMJ
Throwing Knife / Flashbang

I forgo Marathon because coming up on people quickly without the added aiming speed of Sleight of Hand can be troublesome for me. I've also toyed around with using Scavenger Pro, but realized that I will almost never run out of ammo for both my weapons. The only thing I can see augmenting this class in a positive way would be Extended Mags for the G18.
I keep thinking the way to go would be this:

Marathon
Stopping Power
Ninja

UMP w/Silencer
G18 or PP2000

I'm a little afraid I'd run out ammo before I die too often, even if I was constantly trying to flank.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 03:22 PM

To me its obvious IW is too pussy to allow for double-kill situations the way Halo 3s patch opened up. Which is a real shame, because a double-kill is no more unfair or unbalanced than dying because of a few ms (i.e., if you can complete the kill on your screen, just reward it). This would actually go a long way to ****ing over the Lightweight/Commando class, because if you've ever watched some of the killcams, often times the guy will stab you before you do anything, then have their screen go inexplicably bloody. Best I can tell, they are willing to register all but enough damage to kill the opponent in an attempt at 'fairness'.
I see that all the time, I've even got the hit marker after I respawned on those bastards. I'd like to see LIghtweight/Commando kills limited to when they catch you off guard or fly up behind you. If I'm face to face with these buggers and I get a knife off it's double-kill time.

I keep thinking the way to go would be this:

Marathon
Stopping Power
Ninja

UMP w/Silencer
G18 or PP2000
NInja is interesting. I might have to try that out, however, I think I'd be far less successful without Lightweight. We should coordinate runner classes one of these nights and run opposite circles around the map making enemies.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 03:30 PM

I see that all the time, I've even got the hit marker after I respawned on those bastards. I'd like to see LIghtweight/Commando kills limited to when they catch you off guard or fly up behind you. If I'm face to face with these buggers and I get a knife off it's double-kill time.
Unless they have a Tac knife. It's only fair if they commit to carrying around a pistol.

NInja is interesting. I might have to try that out, however, I think I'd be far less successful without Lightweight. We should coordinate runner classes one of these nights and run opposite circles around the map making enemies.
You know me, if I'm going to be hauling ass the last thing I want is my footsteps giving me away (This is moot if there's gunfire, but still).

Anyway, the few times I've tried it I'm not very good. There's a subtle science to it I can't figure out. People always catch me flanking, it seems.

Edit: Probably should commit to UAV/CUAV while I'm doing this. UAV would invaluable.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 03:32 PM

One of the more frustrating things about this game is seeing others kicking ass with specialty classes and not being able to duplicate their results.

Example: Thermal Scope

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 03:35 PM

I keep forgetting to equip it on my FAL on Afghan. Can't wait for that 8th Custom Class.

I like to blame my sucking on Lightweight/Commando on connection. Since that's what it exploits, primarily.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2010, 03:43 PM

I'm currently waiting on 11 more FMJ kills with the AUG before I can prestige (got 8 last night). Then I'm left with the MG4 and M240 in the LMG class for Mastery. I'll also be spreading kills around on ARs to finish the Vet III challenges (Not likely for any this Prestige, might see a ton after next).
I've finished mastering the RPD and AUG last prestige, and I'm mastering the LSW this prestige (along with getting kills with the M4A1 and FAMAS for the Vet challenges). Let me know which of the MG4 and M240 you like best, as I have to master those 2, too.

Anyone got all their accolade pages full? - ie. 6 out of 6 pages full. So far I have 3 out of 3 full, missing 4 accolades on one of the other pages. The last 2 pages of accolades, I'm missing alot.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2010, 03:48 PM

One of the more frustrating things about this game is seeing others kicking ass with specialty classes and not being able to duplicate their results.

Example: Thermal Scope
I use the thermal scope on one of my Sniper classes with FMJ. I put Coldblooded on that class too. It seems to work well on Highrise, but on Underpass, it seems I'm either missing the guy or some of the distances are too far.

I find the ACOG scope terrible on the ARs so I don't think I could stand a thermal scope on an AR.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 03:52 PM

No, my accolades pages aren't full, either because I don't use SMGs, or C4, or all the sprinting on Estate always gets displaced by some other accolade.

Speaking of Snipers, I've really had it with the M21. I don't recall have issues with any of the snipers where I would shoot a guy in the center of his body or head and not even get a hit marker. Its ridiculous. Also, thanks to its atrocious multipliers and it forces you to spam the stupid thing.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 03:56 PM

I use the thermal scope on one of my Sniper classes with FMJ.
If I use thermal the other team will be running Cold Blooded. Either that or I simply get knifed in the back.

I've used the Thermal on the M4 with varied success on places like Wasteland and Underpass. I don't usually end up getting any more kills than a sharp eye and a Holographic sight would net me though.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 04:00 PM

M21: I hate the damned thing. Only used it during my first ranking, and found it to be a 2-hit kill weapon no matter what. I've since fell in love with the 50 cal for these past two prestiges, but maybe my lust of titles and emblems will force me to use another rifle. The WA2000 is my second favorite sniper.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 04:02 PM

I have to give the WA2000 more credit than I did initially, as I logged 60 kills with it pretty quickly after a rough start. Still, it has a stronger tendency towards two-hit kills than the Intervention and Barret, and most annoyingly for me, it the slowest ****ing draw/put away of all the snipers.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2010, 04:07 PM

Oh yeah, it's like pulling a tree stump off your back. I haven't used the Intervention once, something about it being bolt-action scares me.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2010, 04:11 PM

I find it a surprisingly enjoyable experience. The time it takes to use the bolt serves to allow your rifle to recenter. The important thing to know is that if you're in a more vulnerable position while firing, you should either duck behind cover or go prone between shots.

Forum Links
Forum Rules