Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just got my macbook, one quick question!

Just got my macbook, one quick question!
nesscar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2006, 12:16 AM

So I turned my macbook on before plugging in the magsafe power cord. This is fine, right?

Thanks

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 27, 2006, 12:30 AM

I'm afraid that your hard drive might have lost 10 GB of space. I'd step back about 10 feet in case of a minor explosion.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 27, 2006, 12:32 AM

Sorry...

You're MacBook is fine. Don't worry about it.

nesscar  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2006, 12:35 AM

Thanks. Also, my macbook is running at about a constant 67 degrees. Did I get a lemon?

Nai no Kami
Senior User
May 27, 2006, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by yankees1774
Thanks. Also, my macbook is running at about a constant 67 degrees. Did I get a lemon?
If you are talking Celsius, you have the most expensive, stylish and versatile hairdryer ever made.

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

gary42556
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2006, 08:02 AM

What is your ambient temperature?

nesscar  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2006, 11:18 AM

Ambient temp is probably around 70 degrees farenheit. I closed all applications last night (with the exception of coreduotemp) and closed my macbook. When i woke up this morning, the thing was at 24 degrees celsius. In about 5 minutes it's climbed up to about 44. 24 is way too low, isn't it? :/

Hiramw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2006, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by yankees1774
Ambient temp is probably around 70 degrees farenheit. I closed all applications last night (with the exception of coreduotemp) and closed my macbook. When i woke up this morning, the thing was at 24 degrees celsius. In about 5 minutes it's climbed up to about 44. 24 is way too low, isn't it? :/
24 C is around 75 F, it sounds like it was around room temperature which would be right if it was left sleeping all night. The temperature then went up to 111 F once you started using it. Sounds pretty normal to me. 153 F (67 C) doesn't sound unreasonable for the temp under use assuming you are talking about core temperatures not that you are measuring the outside of the case.

Hiram

Forum Links
Forum Rules