Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPads R us, resistance is futile

iPads R us, resistance is futile
amazing
Professional Poster
Apr 9, 2010, 12:57 PM

Is there something God-like about the iPad? Like the tablets handed down from on-high?

I just love the snappy comeback during a Q&A after the iPhone 4.0 intro:

“We just shipped it on Saturday,” Apple CEO Steve Jobs countered immediately. “And rested on Sunday.”

What iPhone OS 4.0 means for the iPad | Tablets | iPhone Central | Macworld

No, I don't have an iPad--but the temptation is ever so huge!

So, I'm proposing a new prayer: "Apple, lead us not into temptation!"

solofx7
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2010, 01:37 PM

I did notice when he said that, very funny
iMac 27inch 3.4 i7 16gb ram, MacBook Air 11 inch i5 128gb, iMac 27inch 2.8 i7 8gb ram, MacBook Pro 17 inch 2.66 i7, 4gb ram 500gb HDD Seagate XT,
iPhone 4 - Time Capsule 2tb, Apple TV - iPad 2 64gb

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 9, 2010, 02:05 PM

I thought that was quite clever. Its clear that Steve and/or Apple pays attention to the general feeling of the hype that is created. Many people labeled the iPhone the "Jesus Phone" and the iPad the "God Pad". Steve has made quite a few inside jokes about certain things that float around the Internet, that frankly I thought he wouldn't even be paying attention to. I think that remark was one of those things.

I also think that remark was a hint that there are many more things in the works for the iPad. Basically saying "hey we just shipped the damn thing, let us catch our breath and then we'll get to adding more shit to it". But that might be my own interpretation only.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 9, 2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post
Is there something God-like about the iPad? Like the tablets handed down from on-high?

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 9, 2010, 02:58 PM

**** yes.

amazing  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 9, 2010, 04:19 PM

Given the Holy Nature of the iPad, not getting one is a huge sin. It's an even bigger sin if you get one and don't like it:

"I'm writing this from an undisclosed location. As the only person in the Northern Hemisphere who doesn't like the iPad, I fear for my safety. Macworld has been unable to guarantee my continued well-being, and so I have retreated to what I hope will remain a secret locale. My supplies are limited, the lodging austere. It's just me, my iPad, and an actual usable device, my trusty 13-inch MacBook."

"I only hope that my supplies last long enough so I can sneak out under cover of HP's Slate launch."

Why the iPad isn't for me | Tablets | iPhone Central | Macworld

Forum Links
Forum Rules