Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Any Ideas on what to do??

Any Ideas on what to do??
coolphage
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2003, 11:25 PM

So i have bought a 12" powerbook (60gig upgrade), 15gig ipod, and hp printer. I bought all of them with an education discount. I ordered thru the phone. The guy I ordered from was ready to leave and messed up the order. So he put through a second order that was correct. That was on a wed. Thursday I made sure that the first order was deleted. The mistake (a fm transmiter) was already shipped. So they refunded the money and are letting me keep it. Thursday evening I left on vacation awaiting my powerbook to arive the next week. I returned on Sunday to find that the credit card was denied because of the double order. I called the company and got that fixed and then apple. The said sorry and upgraded the shipping to second day air. The were asuring me that they would ship the laptop and ipod and printer by friday. I am leaving this thursday(14) on a trip. I planned on using both the laptop and ipod on the trip.
I called on wed.(4) to find out why the stuff had not shipped. They said that the printer was not in stock. That I had all shipping together. So I changed that and was told my laptop and ipod would ship that day or the next. So on friday I called again because it had not shipped and I got my printer in the mail. They said that they had an unexpected delay. So i have been assured that they will be here by thursday. If they arent I will have to cancel the order for I will be gone and not here to sign it. If I do that then i will not recieve all the rebates. For all three have to be on the same order. I am very fustrated. Any suggestions for when i call on monday cause they have not shipped yet.
Loving the 12" powerbook.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2003, 06:20 AM

Well... If you need stuff quickly, there's no substitute for going and picking it up yourself

alpha rays max
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2003, 10:05 AM

Isn't there an Apple Store in Denver? Centennial is pretty close to there isn't it?

You should be able to get the edu discount in the store, plus the bundle. My friend and I did the other day at the Apple Store in Northern Virginia.

So I'd say call the Apple Store, check their inventory to make sure they have everything you're looking for, make sure they will give you the edu discount (they should) and then cancel your phone order, go and pick up your new PowerBook, printer, and iPod.

coolphage  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2003, 02:44 PM

The stores do not carry powerbooks with 60gig drives. My problem is that they messed up the order and are delaying the shipping. Nobody can tell me why this is happening or when my stuff will be shipped. I thought they were supposed to be great in service. But they keep yanking my chain on when its shipped and stuff.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2003, 02:46 PM

Hmm, you can always search the Marketplace for users selling theirs & try to crack a deal for fast shipping.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

coolphage  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2003, 07:31 PM

So its now been delayed for the fourth time. So I might get it 20-25 days after I ordered it. This sucks. Apple has no explination. But they are sending me speakers to show that they care. I dont think that that cuts it. How long does it take to put in a 60g drive. 15 day, twenty?

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2003, 07:54 PM

coolphage:
If you're leaving in 2 days (Thur. 8/14) and they are still having problems shipping out your 12" PowerBook and iPod then I say you might as well cancel everything. If they have given you this much hassle just cancel and wait til Expo Paris to see if any new revisions of the 12", 15", or 17" PowerBooks will come out. You have waited about 20-25 days already for your order. Why not wait a little longer for the announcements in Paris Sept. 15-19. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

spitty27
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 12, 2003, 08:21 PM

cant you just stop your mail while you're on your trip, and then go to UPS or whatever and pick up the order and sign it in their office when you come back?

your printer is already there?
| MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 8x DL Superdrive | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM | 160GB Internal running Leopard 10.5.6 | 500GB External | AirportExtreme + Bluetooth 2.0 | Logitech MxRevolution | Casio Exilim EX z75 | iPhone 3G Black |

Forum Links
Forum Rules