Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Albook and 40gig iPod

Albook and 40gig iPod
Aluminum
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 02:25 PM

I ordered both of these together on 9/16 at 1pm mountain standard time and my albook said on or before 9/23, it has since shown being shipped with a tracking number as of 9/23. The iPod shipped on 9/19 and was due to arrive yesterday. I have heard nothing so far. I have called Airborne(worst package carrier on the face of the planet) and they say they have no updates on my ipod nor the albook. "Nothing will be updated for another 48 hours is what they always say" They even told me to call apple and see what was going on. I think perhaps the ipod/albook shipment are both being held long than originally thought through customs and have yet to reach the states. My question is, has anyone received their ipod or bto albook as of yet, or have gotten any specific information that their products are in the states as of yet? My BTO config was 1.25ghz 15.2" Albook with 512( 2 256), 80gig(5400), Superdrive. Has anyone received one of these configs yet? This is going to be one real disappointing weekend if I dont get my albook and ipod by friday. It's starting to look grim
15.2" Al/1.25ghz/1gig/Superdrive/80(5400)

rsh
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 02:42 PM

I had an iPod that shipped the same day yours shipped.

Same story from Airborne, site still shows "in transit" even though the estimated delivery was yesterday.

joeyd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 02:45 PM

We're in the same boat, I ordered a 40gb iPod and 1.25ghz BTO powerbook the day of the keynote.

The bad news: Your iPod that should have been here yesterday is still with mine in Shanghai. Apple (not airborne) told me that it should be here friday or monday.

The Good news: your powerbook has cleared customs and will be delivered either today or tomorrow.

The consolation prize: Call apple. Since your iPod is now on it's 4th business day, they will refund your expedited shipping cost. the whole $15 plus tax, which means that your powerbook and iPod have now shipped for free.

The moral: To track, call apple. They have more info than airborne does.

This is what's happening with me, and from what you say, it sounds the same.

Aluminum  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 02:46 PM

What a bummer, just called Airborne International and they said once again that they wouldnt have any info on the iPod for another 48 hours, but they would have information on the Albook within 24 hours. Airborne has the worst tracking system ever. I would not be surprised if I get the packages before than can locate them. Sad, they need to take a few hints from UPS and FedEX, although I think UPS has the best tracking program as of last time I checked. Well at least someone else out there is in the same boat as myself, a shot of vodka for us both.

Aluminum  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 02:49 PM

Joey if that is indeed the case, well then I would be bouncing off the walls if my albook was to arrive today or tomorrow, I can wait on the ipod since I still have my 10 gig ipod here. Girlfriend however is getting a little antsy waiting for it since I sold it to her for $150. Here is to hoping your right.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 02:51 PM

My ipod (20G) shipped the same day as yours and is out for delivery today.

My PB (BTO) 15 arrived in LA according to the waybill number and is still 'In Transit' from Taiwan according to my tracking number from Apple. I guess it could be held up in customs or Apple is scrambling to get all the orders out from that shipment. I am still optimistic that I will receive it this week!

-b

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 03:13 PM

Woohoo! My ipod just arrived! Now bring on the Powerbook!

-b

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by aapljack:
My ipod (20G) shipped the same day as yours and is out for delivery today.

My PB (BTO) 15 arrived in LA according to the waybill number and is still 'In Transit' from Taiwan according to my tracking number from Apple. I guess it could be held up in customs or Apple is scrambling to get all the orders out from that shipment. I am still optimistic that I will receive it this week!

-b

Hey, appljack, what is your waybill number? I think mine is with yours: Same type, same in transit description, but I don't have the waybill. (I'm in Stockton). If you don't want it out "in public", you can email to me.

Thanks!

peppermg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 03:41 PM

I ordered a 15 Al and 40gig iPod this weekend. So far the Al ships "On or before 09/26/2003" adn the iPod "On or before 09/24/2003" My free printer and APP have already shipped and arrived via fedex. I hope when they ship my Al and iPod they use fedex, I don't want airborne to handle my new baby

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 03:45 PM

machem: My e-mail invoice with the waybill number is on my home computer, I am at work. All I have to go by here is my tracking number from Apple. All it says is 'In Transit'. When I checked the waybill last night, it said the shipment arrived in LA yesterday morning. I will check it again as soon as I get home.

-brian

voodoosand
Sep 24, 2003, 04:31 PM

I am in a similar situation - ordered a 40 gb, Airborne's site said it would be here on the 23rd, but no show. Does Airborne need me to be there to sign for it? Or will they just leave it?

SillyMe
Sep 24, 2003, 04:52 PM

How bout you guys just read a book or go walk the dog. I certainly don't care to have to muddle through EVERYONE'S silly shipping date fiasco.

It will get there when it gets there.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 04:59 PM

If you don't care to muddle through our thread, why did you click on it, read it and post a reply?

I think we could ALL use a good walk. A long one.

-b

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 24, 2003, 05:02 PM

I'm with the same thing about the ipod, I talked with apple and airbourne. Apple knew more then airbourne. From what I was told the ipods are stuck in custom, and they should be released today or tomorrow. That means we got our 2 day shipping money back.
My powerbook is once again stuck in customs, and it should be released today or tomorrow and shipped by Friday.

Aluminum  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 05:06 PM

You want to know why I am impatient? I am personally impatient because Airbone is handling my computer and ipod and I am currently using a beat down ibook 333mhz with 96 megs of ram running OS 9.1 with IE, aim, and ircle only. I have gone two weeks with this machine after selling my mom my 1ghz tibook in a crunch situation for herself. So by helping out my mom I had to take over her machine, which has a busted cdrom drive and crack across the bottom of the trackpad. So maybe now you will understand why I cant wait for this new machine Anyhow, my gig of ram should be arriving any minute, machine hopefully tomorrow, and my iPod friday at best it seems.

Forum Links
Forum Rules