Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Vista Bluetooth and Bootcamp

Vista Bluetooth and Bootcamp
striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2007, 10:01 AM

I just installed Leopard on my iMac and now I want to install Vista via Bootcamp. I'm using a wireless mighty mouse and keyboard. Will Vista recognize the wireless mouse and keyboard during installation?

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 28, 2007, 03:27 PM

Probably not. Use a wired keyboard and mouse for installation and after you've installed the drivers your Bluetooth stuff should work fine.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

discotronic
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2007, 10:29 PM

ghporter is mostly correct.

I am using BT on my MacPro under Vista. Everything worked through the initial install of Vista. After installing the drivers I had to hook up a USB mouse to configure my keyboard and mouse. This has been the same since using Bootcamp under Tiger. I figured Apple would have fixed it with Leopard but they haven't yet.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 31, 2007, 08:51 AM

You still gotta have drivers for the Bluetooth hardware, and Apple can't "insert" them into Windows. There's no way I can think of to make Windows see hardware that the basic installer doesn't have drivers for-like the Bluetooth system in your Mac.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

badidea
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2007, 09:15 AM

Even though I would agree with ghporter I have to share my Bluetooth experience with Windows (XP and Vista) and an iMac with Bluetooth keyboard (mouse is wireless USB) on Tiger (no Leopard yet).

WindowsXP:
Keyboard worked during the installation and afterwards without problems!
After I installed the Apple drivers, the keyboard only worked if I paired it after EVERY reboot!

edit: I forgot to mention that the keyboard now even works in XP but I don't know really why - maybe the latest bootcamp drivers fixed that problem...I only had to pair them once!

Vista:
Keyboard worked during the installation and afterwards without problems!
After the installation of the Apple drivers (V1.4) everything still worked as it should!

The wireless USB mouse of course worked all the time!

Weird...

Forum Links
Forum Rules