Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Combining standard ML screensavers?

Combining standard ML screensavers?
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2013, 10:20 PM

Out of mild curiosity, can the standard screensaver images be combined into one screensaver? There are 3 or 4 different choices - Nat. Geo, Aerial, Cosmos, etc. - but there are only perhaps 10 images for each. All the images are nice and I'd rather have them combined into one but can't see a way to do so. Is there? Thanks.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

ibook_steve
Jan 9, 2013, 03:46 PM

Take the photos (I don't know their location; somebody should be able to chime in), put them all in a folder or iPhoto, and point the screensaver to that location.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2013, 03:57 PM

If it's like previous versions of OS X, the images are stored in .SlideSaver files in /System/Library/Screen Savers. Open that directory, right-click on any of the SlideSaver files, and select "show package contents". You can then copy the images out of the screensavers to your chosen location.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules