Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > BEWARE OF sellers... (in resolution...)

BEWARE OF sellers... (in resolution...)
donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2008, 08:31 PM

I going to edit this for the time being and hopefully work this out with this guy
( Last edited by chipchen; Jun 27, 2008 at 04:47 PM. )

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2008, 08:54 PM

Come to find out the computer that he was trying to trade me was serial number W874915HX94 and it was registered by a person in Missouri. If you are from there and been had check this serial number

PowerPro2008
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2008, 10:58 PM

Have you received the MBP?

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2008, 12:24 AM

I have said it once and will say it again.

USE HEATWARE!!!!!

[ HEATWARE.com ]

PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2008, 01:07 AM

Gosh, I'm sorry. If you have any details on his name or address, file a small claims suit against him. I was able to recover about $500 from someone using this route.
please cook my steak again
je suis american

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2008, 06:37 AM

Don
You have a message.

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 19, 2008, 07:07 PM

I going to edit this for the time being and hopefully work this out with this guy
( Last edited by donclarkjr; Jun 20, 2008 at 07:09 PM. )

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jun 19, 2008, 08:02 PM

Seriously, no comments from the mods?

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
Seriously, no comments from the mods?
Did you send a message to the mods also? I know they prob. read this already, but it doesn't hurt to message them directly.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 19, 2008, 08:34 PM

Yes I sent a message to the mods

Jonasmac are you talking about me being out of line? Or the mods need to step in about the other guy?

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jun 19, 2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by donclarkjr View Post
Yes I sent a message to the mods

Jonasmac are you talking about me being out of line? Or the mods need to step in about the other guy?
I'm wondering why the mods haven't chipped in about this yet. They're always quick to point out that you can't have multiple threads or that you have to post an asking price, etc...

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jun 20, 2008, 09:48 PM

I think we're kinda waiting to see what happened? Did it work out or not? Information is king. The more info we have the better...

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2008, 12:21 AM

I am not going to say anything but we are working out a resolution to our problem. I will let you know I might be having to make retractions to some of my statements. Only time will tell now.

IllegalOperation
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 11:18 AM

I had to log in to my old account because I lost my password and the only way to recover it was via an email address I no longer own.

I think DonClarkJr will be willing to admit that we both had some mistakes happen on this transaction as much as I am willing, and yes, I am working toward a happy resolution.

If the mods here really feel that I need to be banned that would be sad and also sort of counter productive, I would no longer be able to post from my end to keep everyone happy, but if it happens I will just have to move on with life I guess :sad.

I would also like to put out a reminder that I have had a lot of successful transactions of very high end items on this forum. Yea, buying, selling and trading is a piss poor hobby and also from time to time out of 50 deals, 1 will go wrong. I myself have been scammed here in this forum for a computer that was worth close to $2000 to a guy named Stairway To Heaven.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 21, 2008, 11:24 AM

Unless I misunderstand what DonClark has said,you shipped him a different computer than agreed to.Is this correct?

IllegalOperation
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by audvidsvs View Post
Unless I misunderstand what DonClark has said,you shipped him a different computer than agreed to.Is this correct?
Please don't take offense, but why are you the one trying to call me out? I just said I was working toward making him happy and we are in very tight communication with each other.

If he walks away happy, and makes retractions to his statements, then that might mean he made some mistakes in what he said.

Instead of details of he said she said that was made out of anger and assumptions, I would much rather just get this thing done and put it behind us all.

I hope that is OK. If the Mods feel I need to publish more information publicly then I will be more apt to do so. Again, don't take insult but I would rather just stick with making a deal fair and happy for both parties.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 21, 2008, 11:48 AM

I certainly understand your position and appreciate your desire to demonstrate your eagerness to get things worked out.
That said,it seems like a simple fact that tells a lot of the story.

It may well not directly be any business of mine right now but since you both have blatantly dragged this forum into your dealings with no obvious concern for being reasonable or seeking our understanding up to now,it seems like a reasonable question.

Anyway.I hope all of this can be worked out between you and in that spirit I will just watch and wait for now.

Ed

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 17, 2008, 01:31 PM

Resolution has not been fully made, guy sends me his wifes 2.0 Macbook and tells me he will make payments, then tells me it was never him it was his nephew. So update me and the other guy are filing a civil lawsuit against him.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2008, 04:04 PM

If things are indeed moving in that direction (lawsuit), I am locking this thread. That way, at least there's some sort of preservation of at least a few statements.

Forum Links
Forum Rules