Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > How to impress the neighbour effectively......or...

How to impress the neighbour effectively......or...
euphras
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2005, 02:09 PM

..... i got wireless DSL this evening, a flat shared with my neighbour. He installed the router and since three days he tried to figure out how to configure the device - without success. Needless to say he runs a windows box. Now we tried to configure it using my Mac and after EXACTLY five minutes we were online. He was really impressed. I guess his next computer will be another brand

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 24, 2005, 08:40 PM

Did he flip the switch on the side of his computer to TURN ON THE WIRELESS card? Some laptops and computers have on/off switches for wireless... ONLY WINDOWS....

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 24, 2005, 08:43 PM

Sharing DSL doesn't normally work out. Wait till he does something illegal and it is in your name.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

FulcrumPilot
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2005, 08:57 PM

_,.
a solitary firefly flies at nite
into the darkness an endless flight
a million flashes of delight.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Jul 24, 2005, 09:11 PM

euphras  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2005, 03:55 AM

Did he flip the switch on the side of his computer to TURN ON THE WIRELESS card? Some laptops and computers have on/off switches for wireless... ONLY WINDOWS....
Nope, it´s literally a box (with an USB antenna): No switches involved...

Sharing DSL doesn't normally work out. Wait till he does something illegal and it is in your name.
No Danger regarding this. He´s a very reliable guy (scientist), i don´t think he will download tons of pron and so on...

......another quality post designed by FulcrumPilot

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:22 AM

That is being a great neighbor.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2005, 04:06 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about your new hot femme neighbor that you somehow impressed and took pictures of her and posted said pictures on this here thread. Disappointed, I was, to find out this was not the case.

In any event, congrats on getting your wireless network up

euphras  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 03:59 AM

I thought this thread was going to be about your new hot femme neighbor that you somehow impressed and took pictures of her and posted said pictures on this here thread.
Not everyone can provide the lounge with aforementioned stuff like IceEnclosure

Forum Links
Forum Rules