Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > New iPad Pro: with or without cellular option?

New iPad Pro: with or without cellular option?
OreoCookie
Jun 1, 2016, 12:18 AM

So I will order a new 9.7" iPad Pro later this week, and I was wondering whether you guys think the cellular option is worth it? Here in Japan, all SIMs are locked. I held out hope that the Japanese carriers would use the built-in Apple SIM, but apparently they all use the SIM card slot. That's bad news for me since I travel internationally quite a lot, and I wanted to swap SIM cards as needed to get data access. Inside of Japan, I could use tethering, though, so it's not clear if it is worth it in the first place. Was it worth the money for you?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2016, 02:16 AM

I went wifi for the iPad Air because there are few place that don't have wifi even though I didn't have hotspot include in my old Verizon Friends and Family plan. Verizon changed it so bundled customers can sign up for the Verizon Plan, which includes the hotspot. I rarely have to use the hotspot.

The only place I can think of where I would have to use the hotspot would be at my in-laws place in CA. They don't have a computer, so no wifi.
45/47

OreoCookie  (op)
Jun 2, 2016, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll go with the wifi model then.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules