Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook to TV? (via USB, ethernet, or Airport)

iBook to TV? (via USB, ethernet, or Airport)
Gametes
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2003, 05:49 PM

My blueberry iBook (may she rest in peace) recently had it's LCD cracked. I'm still looking for a replacement (email me @mac.com if you've got a 800x600 to sell), but in the meantime, I'm thinking of using my TV as a monitor. Since this model iBook doesn't have any video out capabilities, I'm trying to find out if there are any USB, ehternet, or 802.11b solutions which will simply display my screen on a TV. That's all I want to do.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks!
you are not your signature

mkral
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2003, 11:39 AM

www.focusinfo.com

check out their tview lineup, some of the older tview items go pretty cheap on ebay

Paul S
Senior User
Jan 15, 2003, 10:55 AM

While the TView line is fantastic, they don't make scan converters that will work with USB. They only take VGA/RGB connections. The only USB scan converter that I know of is the MyView from Eskape Labs (www.eskapelabs.com). I've heard mixed reviews of it's picture quality.

Forum Links
Forum Rules