Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > what model cell phone do you own? post pics if you like

what model cell phone do you own? post pics if you like (Page 3)
JHromadka
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2006, 01:57 AM

Sony Ericsson K750i

hadocon
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2006, 10:54 PM

My N80 is pretty kewl - 3megapixl camera on the back, .3 on the front for video calls when I'm in a WCDMA 2100mhz zone (3g) as well as EGPRS - with an "all-I-can-eat" internet package from t-mobile. Oh, it;s also got WiFi (b and g).

I'm not too keen on the tradional keypad though, as I was coming from a Sidekick 2 - which I am still in love with... and use sometimtes when the mood strikes.
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

ambush
Banned
Sep 19, 2006, 11:12 PM

NOKIA 6265i

kick52
Baninated
Sep 20, 2006, 12:49 AM

Sony Ericsson T610

legacyb4
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2006, 12:57 AM

Samsung SPH-a920

Macbook (Black) C2D/250GB/3GB | G5/1.6 250GBx2/2.0GB
Free Mobile Ringtone & Games Uploader | Flickr | Twitter

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2006, 01:10 AM

Nokia 6682 (T-mobile) and T-mobile Sidekick 3.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2006, 03:51 AM

the battery lasts for over 2 weeks. it can do everything i want : make and recieve calls
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

PB2K
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2006, 03:53 AM

the battery lasts for over 2 weeks. it can do everything i want : make and recieve calls
and it doesn't look girlish
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Sep 20, 2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by PB2K

You're right, it is much better to look like a cheapskate from 1998.

"Hello, what have we here?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2006, 11:12 AM

Swore I wasn't going to get one, but...

At least it's stylish. I've heard a lot of bad things about it, but so far it's worked beautifully for me.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2006, 11:24 AM

Complete with an OSX wallpaper

Hash
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2006, 11:29 AM

Sony Ericsson w700i, 1 Gb of music

Cipher13
Sep 20, 2006, 08:53 PM

I suppose this is a decent place to ask...

I desperately need to get a new phone (I currently have a T610, but the stick is practically dead, and the interface speed is horrid). I have no idea what to get, really.

I'm considering...

SE K800i - however, it has a stick like the T610, which is a huge put-off, incase the same thing happens.

Motorola V3 - a V3i if I choose a GSM network, or a V3x if I go 3G - the V3x is huge though, and feels kinda 'cheap'.

SE M600i - I like this phone, but it's expensive, and I've heard some bad things about it. It's 3G capable which is nice, but I have my doubts about 3G and the huge decline in battery life experienced when on a 3G network.

Samsung D600 - seems like a good phone, and I have nothing bad to report about it.

The one thing I cannot stand: slow interfaces.

Any opinions on the above phones would be appreciated (and yeah, I've read plenty of reviews, but they're naturally extremely shallow).

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2006, 09:36 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat as you Cipher. I'm thinking of upgrading my SE T637 to a w810i. Too bad Cingular's phone selection is crap. The Z520a is the only SE phone they offer.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2006, 09:50 PM

The joysticks seem to be the sticking point for any SE model. They all seem to fail after a while. My K750i joystick now goes diagonally down and left instead of down 70% of the time

That is covered under warranty though and you'll get a quick repair.

However until Apple release the iPhone Sony Ericsson is the best way to go for phones - bar none. Great interface, fast and reliable (apart from mechanical joystick failures).

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Cipher13
Sep 20, 2006, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - -
The joysticks seem to be the sticking point for any SE model. They all seem to fail after a while. My K750i joystick now goes diagonally down and left instead of down 70% of the time

That is covered under warranty though and you'll get a quick repair.

However until Apple release the iPhone Sony Ericsson is the best way to go for phones - bar none. Great interface, fast and reliable (apart from mechanical joystick failures).
Unfortunately, SE's support in Australia sucks. When I called about the T610, they wanted me to take it to a third party phone shop, that would send it off to be repaired, offering no temporary replacement. Pretty terrible.

The fact that they're still using sticks is basically a SE dealbreaker, unfortuantely, and I'm leaning towards the V3x (free on a cap plan).

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2006, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by PB2K

right. instead you went straight for the throat of manliness by carrying around a phallus with buttons on it. congratulations!

hi cipher!

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2006, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cipher13
SE M600i - I like this phone, but it's expensive, and I've heard some bad things about it.
like what?

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Black Motorola RAZR V3 with Cingular. If you don't know what it looks like, you need to get out more.
Silver Motorola V60i as a back up phone.
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

Hash
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cipher13
Unfortunately, SE's support in Australia sucks. When I called about the T610, they wanted me to take it to a third party phone shop, that would send it off to be repaired, offering no temporary replacement. Pretty terrible.

The fact that they're still using sticks is basically a SE dealbreaker, unfortuantely, and I'm leaning towards the V3x (free on a cap plan).
I forgot which one, k790 or w810, doesn't use joystick anymore, but a dedicated button. Anyway, I am thinking of buying k790i just for camera somewhen next year.

I do have a dedicated digital camera (mind you a simple 5 mp Casio exilim) but having top quality camera phone is extremely convenient and now k790i 3.2 mp AF digital camera - i saw pictures taken by it - amazing, has image stabilizer and whatever you may want for quick and quality pictures. It also has a sliding camera shield which is important not to get lenses filled by dust. it also can store up to 4 gb of files and music. the card is a bit expensive though, but anyway.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2006, 10:43 AM

I like the sony k790/800, it looks like an evolved T616 that we all know and love.

My problem with it is namely that damn hump/shutter on the back which looks ugly and as it protrudes so it can easily open when you pull it out of your pocket or handle it.

The joystick on that model is also not near as good as the pad on the w600i which is perfect and doesn't wear/break as easily if at all. I don't know why they went back to the joystick for this model.

On top of that the spyshots of the prototype was HAWT!! I mean is just screamed high end technology sexiness with its more metallic body and updated OS.

The final unit has the same OS as the lower end phones so all you are really getting a T616 with a better camera in the end (which I know is worth it alone for some people).

It is just so sad knowing what it could have been

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

Hash
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2006, 02:04 PM

you know, after some research I think that w810i is a best.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2006, 04:13 PM

I read over at Howard forums that Cingular will start offering the w810i around Oct. 3rd. **Crosses fingers***

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 22, 2006, 05:18 PM

Cingular MUST release some phones soon. HoFo and PhoneScoop both feel that two new Treos may appear on Cingular before the holidays as well. I'm eligible for an upgrade if I sign a contract, and I won't be doing that unless they offer the feature-set I'm after. The HTC 8125 is the only device that does it for me currently, although it doesn't have me so excited.

I want:

•WiFi
•Bluetooth
•QWERTY
•EDGE or something fast (no gprs, thanks)
•MP3 Ringtones
•A pretty display
•Real IM and a Real Browser
•Oh!, and it should work proper as a phone too
ice

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2006, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman
I read over at Howard forums that Cingular will start offering the w810i around Oct. 3rd. **Crosses fingers***
me too.

agentz
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2006, 03:18 PM

I've currently got me a Samsung E900:

I've currently got a Nokia 6230 as a work phone:

Which is probably about to be changed for one of these in the next few weeks:

Which I'd really rather not have but my employer are moving all us field staff onto them.
MI5 doesn't do evil. Just treachery, treason and armageddon.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2006, 04:44 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules