Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Problems with Mac and the Canon ZR10

Problems with Mac and the Canon ZR10
drillerkiller
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2000, 12:03 PM

Okay, I have a iMac DV at home which I've been using with my canon ZR10. Last night while trying to capture from it I get a stutter effect. It jitters and starts a new clip on the shelf. What I end up with is about 20 seperate clips for about 40 seconds of footage. I took my camera to work today and tried it on the G4 and I get the same problem. What gives?

theJeff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2000, 01:22 PM

Are you using iMovie? If so, go to preferences and turn off the option for automagically making new clips at every break.

Make sure the tape itself is clean and that there's nothing interfering with capture (AppleTalk, antivirus programs, etc.)

It's always a good idea to black out tapes before using them (record over the entire blank tape with black, ie no input signal) and never use the first 1-2 minutes of tape.

Good luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules