Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Wobble wobble...

Wobble wobble...
Thread Tools
Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Folding customer returned size 52 underwear.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 02:37 AM
 
Who else has the problem of their iBook wobbling when it is on a flat surface such as a table?

It seems that my brand new iBook is SLIGHTLY higher on the bottom left causing the wobbling.

This is very anoying and I don't know what to do about it? Is there any way to correct it?

Several people on Macintouch have reported the same problem.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.
     
IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 04:38 AM
 
Ok Ca$h,

1. You ibook is not wobbling you are!

2. Is this just a different way to say mac sucks agian!

3. Ca$h why do you keep coming back here!!!!

4. GO AWAY PLEASE!!!!!!!
     
<MacBook>
Guest
Status:
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 06:06 AM
 
Originally posted by Immortal K-Mart Employee:
<STRONG>Who else has the problem of their iBook wobbling when it is on a flat surface such as a table?

It seems that my brand new iBook is SLIGHTLY higher on the bottom left causing the wobbling.

This is very anoying and I don't know what to do about it? Is there any way to correct it?

Several people on Macintouch have reported the same problem.</STRONG>
Yes, I had two iBooks that both did the same thing, the first one much more noticeable. I took a little felt circle (we had a sheet of them around the house for something)which fit perfectly on the round 'leg' and that evened it out. But it seemed that the first iBook's case was warped since there were other problems.
     
Cipher13
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 07:30 AM
 
Originally posted by IUJHJSDHE:
<STRONG>Ok Ca$h,

1. You ibook is not wobbling you are!

2. Is this just a different way to say mac sucks agian!

3. Ca$h why do you keep coming back here!!!!

4. GO AWAY PLEASE!!!!!!!</STRONG>
It isn't Ca$h :|

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: Cipher13 ]
     
FERRO
Senior User
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 09:32 AM
 
I have my personal solution.....

For the last four months I have set my ibook2 on top of a 5x3 inch wireless 200 page notebook....

It keeps it an inch off the surface of the table (that helps it keep cool too) and it also makes it swivel too....

Its a poor mans solution to a common problem.... try it, the ibook is still remarkably stable and cooler too... did i mention it swivels....

FERRO 2001-2002
     
jokell82
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 11:45 AM
 
Originally posted by Immortal K-Mart Employee:
<STRONG>Who else has the problem of their iBook wobbling when it is on a flat surface such as a table?

It seems that my brand new iBook is SLIGHTLY higher on the bottom left causing the wobbling.

This is very anoying and I don't know what to do about it? Is there any way to correct it?

Several people on Macintouch have reported the same problem.</STRONG>
Yeah, that happened to me too. I sent mine back in to Apple via the Apple Store. A couple of the geniuses there said that I would more than likely just get a new case. Problem with that is, the cases for the iBook are in short supply (again, according to the genuises). It went out last monday, and Apple didn't receive it until Thursday. Hopefully I can have it back soon.

All glory to the hypnotoad.
     
drillerkiller
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Carborro, NC USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 02:40 PM
 
I noticed that mine only wobbles when it's opened. It does annoy me, but no big deal. That's the problem with plastic.
     
Immortal K-Mart Employee  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Folding customer returned size 52 underwear.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 23, 2001, 04:53 PM
 
Originally posted by IUJHJSDHE:
<STRONG>Ok Ca$h,

1. You ibook is not wobbling you are!

2. Is this just a different way to say mac sucks agian!

3. Ca$h why do you keep coming back here!!!!

4. GO AWAY PLEASE!!!!!!!</STRONG>
Ha ha ha. Like Cipher said I am NOT Ca$h. Actually I am the only person that Ca$h admited to hating.

I did have another sig that was making fun of Ca$h's mother but the mods ask me to change it.

Ask yourself if Ca$h would be able to use Photoshop to make a fancy sig like that

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.
     
Peter Pan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 24, 2001, 02:10 PM
 
I have just the same problem with my iBook. At first I thought it just be my old table being not quiet flat, but then I noticed it on every other surface too.
My iBook gets scratched really heavily under the CD-ROM drive and just where the screen is connected to the main body. I noticed it by trying to slip a piece of paper under the iBook, it just would't pass trough.

I wonder if this enough reason to bring it in for a warranty repair.
     
Immortal K-Mart Employee  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Folding customer returned size 52 underwear.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 24, 2001, 03:00 PM
 
Originally posted by Peter Pan:
<STRONG>
I wonder if this enough reason to bring it in for a warranty repair.</STRONG>
According to Macintouch iBook owners HAVE tried to bring it in but apple allows a certain amount of wobble to be acceptable.

You can give it a shot though.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.
     
IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 25, 2001, 12:43 AM
 
Originally posted by Immortal K-Mart Employee:
<STRONG>

Ha ha ha. Like Cipher said I am NOT Ca$h. Actually I am the only person that Ca$h admited to hating.

I did have another sig that was making fun of Ca$h's mother but the mods ask me to change it.

Ask yourself if Ca$h would be able to use Photoshop to make a fancy sig like that </STRONG>
ahhh...

If that is the case then I am truly sorry.
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 26, 2001, 10:05 AM
 
Originally posted by IUJHJSDHE:
<STRONG>Ok Ca$h,
1. You ibook is not wobbling you are!
2. Is this just a different way to say mac sucks agian!
3. Ca$h why do you keep coming back here!!!!
4. GO AWAY PLEASE!!!!!!!</STRONG>
Man, what's your problem ? - besides spelling

You should identify the poster FIRST before you start ranting...

so far,
-t
     
jokell82
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 26, 2001, 10:08 AM
 
Originally posted by Peter Pan:
<STRONG>I have just the same problem with my iBook. At first I thought it just be my old table being not quiet flat, but then I noticed it on every other surface too.
My iBook gets scratched really heavily under the CD-ROM drive and just where the screen is connected to the main body. I noticed it by trying to slip a piece of paper under the iBook, it just would't pass trough.

I wonder if this enough reason to bring it in for a warranty repair.</STRONG>
As I stated earlier, I sent mine in for this same reason. Well, I got it back yesterday, and it is perfect. According to the work order all they did was replace the feet, but the Genius at the Apple Store told me that if they had messed with the case, it wouldn't have been on the order (they only put new parts on the order). So if you have this problem, take it in. =)

All glory to the hypnotoad.
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 28, 2001, 11:02 AM
 
Originally posted by jokell82:
<STRONG>As I stated earlier, I sent mine in for this same reason. Well, I got it back yesterday, and it is perfect. According to the work order all they did was replace the feet, but the Genius at the Apple Store told me that if they had messed with the case, it wouldn't have been on the order (they only put new parts on the order).</STRONG>
So...if they don't actually *replace* the case...

I have this vision of five technicians placing an iBook on the floor, laying a board across the lid and all jumping on the board to straighten the case...

ok...sorry...

-chris.
     
jokell82
Professional Poster
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 28, 2001, 09:38 PM
 
Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
<STRONG>

So...if they don't actually *replace* the case...

I have this vision of five technicians placing an iBook on the floor, laying a board across the lid and all jumping on the board to straighten the case...

ok...sorry...

-chris.</STRONG>
Well, whatever they did, it's good now. I could care less if five techs took a doober on it (ok, well maybe I would care about that). But the point is my iBook no longer wobbles.

All glory to the hypnotoad.
     
IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Sep 28, 2001, 10:14 PM
 
Hmm funny thing that...

I keep my ibook for most of the day on this desk and depending on where I put it
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,