Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Where to buy digital camera with guaranteed full refund policy????

Where to buy digital camera with guaranteed full refund policy????
pete
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2001, 06:30 PM

I want to buy a digital camera. A Kodak DC4800 to be more precise. It's important for me to be able to return it without ANY hassles should I not be happy with it. I've called around to both Office Depot, Staples and Office Max to ask about their return policies. They;re all saying different things - even within the same store!.

Office Depot 1 said I can return it within 14 days for a full refund for any reason. Office Depot 2 said 14 days but exchange only. Office Depot 3 said 14 days but if I want refund I'll have to pay 15%restocking fee. Office Depo.com said 14 days exchange only.

Staples was the same thing. One store said 14 days no restocking fee while another said 14 days 15% restocking fee.

The bottom line is I don't trust these stores now and would prefer to find somebody else to buy from.

Like I said, I don't want any hassles at all. No questions. Do you have any good suggestions?

Thanks!

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2001, 06:55 PM

Hi Pete,
Two places to check are Sears and Costco... both have incredibly liberal (and quite awesome) return policies (it's amazing how far 100% customer satisfaction goes). Both of them tout that if you are for any reason unsatisfied with your purchase, they will refund your money. I know, because I have returned things at both. The drawback is that they might not have the model you are looking for, but they are worth checking out.
Also, if you have a Microcenter near you, they have a no questions asked return policy for 30 days...
best of luck,
dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules